[17] Frozen In A Standoff

[Outfit Above]
S2: Ep9. "Triggerfinger"

Now dark out and with the four of us still held up in the bar, Glenn and I walk out from behind the counter and over to Rick and Hershel looking down at Tony's dead body

Now dark out and with the four of us still held up in the bar, Glenn and I walk out from behind the counter and over to Rick and Hershel looking down at Tony's dead body. "Holy shit" Glenn mutters. Rick turns to me and sets a hand on my cheek checking me "You alright?" I nod

"Yeah.." Rick looks beside me at Glenn who nods already knowing his question. He then turns to Hershel "Hershel?" he doesn't say anything. No one does not another word, we all look at each other and nod already knowing what we were going to do. "Let's head back." Hershel decides and we make our way towards the doors.

Rick grabbed the gun and ammo off of Tony while Glenn grabbed the small handgun from Dave. I was about to open the door when a car pulls up. "Car. Car. Get down." Rick whispers and gestures for us to get down to the floor. Hershel runs to the opposite side of the door in between that and the window. Rick crouches down in front of the door while Glenn grabs me and pulls me to the other side.

The car shuts off and the two doors close "Dave? Tony? They said over here?" One man calls out "Yeah" second answers. "I'm telling you, man, I heard shots." A nervous third voice says. "I saw roamers - two streets over." The second man points out "Might be more around here." he continues.

"It's hot. - We gotta get out of here." The first man tells his friends. "Dave! Tony!" the third male calls out loudly, he sounds younger. "Shut up, you idiot! You wanna attract 'em? Just stick close. We're gonna find 'em." The first man scolds the youngest. Their shadows appear in front of the bar doors, one holds up a gun while another tries to peer through the window by Hershel.

The three men stood around the front of the bar waiting but not entering. Glenn had decided that it would be easier for me to sit in between his legs with my back to him instead of against the window. He moves the curtain and peers outside before turning to Rick "Why won't they leave?" he whispers. "Would you?" Hershel retorts quietly. "We can't sit here any longer. Let's head out the back and make a run to the car." Rick instructs and we all nod.

Right as we all get to our feet but still crouch down a gun goes off outside of the building. We quickly get back to where we were "What happened?" Someone asks "Roamers, I nailed 'em." the second responds. "They disappeared but their car's still there. I cleared those buildings. You guys get this one?" One man returns a breathy 'No' and a 'Me either' 

The second man scoffs "We're looking for Dave and Tony and no one checks the damn bar?" Footsteps squeak against the floorboards outside of the bar. Rick slides to the right of the door and cocks his gun. The men come over and turn the knob about to open the door but Glenn sets his gun down and throws himself in front of it.

My eyes shoot open wide and I attempt to slide next to him in front of the other door but Hershel grabs my arm gently and keeps me in my spot. I look over at Glenn who shakes his head telling me to stay where I am. "What?" The third man mutters "Someone pushed it shut. There's someone in there." The man takes a breath before speaking loudly "Yo, is someone in there? Yo, if someone's in there, we don't want no trouble. We're just looking for our friends."