[11] Operation

[Outfit Above]

S2: Ep3.  "Save the Last One"

Maggie and I were sitting on the porch when a car's headlights blind our view, I make out two figures climbing out of the car and walking forward

Maggie and I were sitting on the porch when a car's headlights blind our view, I make out two figures climbing out of the car and walking forward. It's not until they reach the light radiating from the house that I see its Glenn and T-Dog. I sigh as soon as my eyes meet his worried ones, I practically jump out of my chair and across the floor into his arms. He wraps his arms around my back tightly before pulling away and instead cupping my face. "What happened? Are you okay?" He rattles off questions like a madman which causes me to laugh lightheartedly.

He takes my right hand lifting up my arm looking for any injuries. I push down the side of my shirt and show him the wound. "Oh my god.." He starts but before he could say anything else I hold his face in my hands and planting a soft kiss on his lips which cuts off any more questions. I pulled away and looked into his eyes smiling softly "I will be fine, it should heal quickly."

He searches my expression checking if I am in pain or if I am hiding something before he lets a small relieved smile pull at his lips. He kisses my temple and slips his hand into mine. I look over at Maggie as she stands up and questions them "Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" Glenn looks at me nervously but I smile reassuringly. "Uh, hi. Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything."

"Maggie this is T-Dog and Glenn" She nods her head and offers a small wave. I turn to both of them and gesture "Guys this is Maggie. Her dad is helping take care of Carl and I" Glenn smiles gratefully at her. T-Dog grunts causing me to look at him worriedly "Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" Maggie eyes him with her brows furrowed at the bandage on his arm "It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though."

"Let me look at it inside." I say to him and he nods "'ll tell them you're here." Maggie says as she steps towards the door. Glenn starts digging through his backpack "We have some painkillers and antibiotics. I already gave him some. If Carl needs any." He hands them to me and I twirl the bottles in my hands reading them. Maggie opens the door and enters the house "Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat." Glenn and T-Dog look to me their expressions asking if it's okay to go in. I nod and lead them inside after Maggie.

I brought Glenn and T-Dog into the bedroom where Lori and Rick sat by Carl's side as Hershel took his blood pressure again. "Hey." Glenn starts as he takes off his hat "Hey." Rick mutters tiredly. "Um, we're here, okay?" Lori nods "Thank you." T-Dog nods and adds to what Glenn said with "Whatever you need."

- - -

"Aubree!" Rick screams from Carl's bedroom I shoot up out of my seat and take off from the kitchen into the room. "What is happening?" Lori asks completely terrified as she and Rick try to hold Carl down as his body spazzes. I pull their hands away as Hershel helps me roll him on his side carefully. "Don't. It's a seizure. If you hold him down, you could hurt him." I say sternly and Lori watches me with her eyes wide.