[2]

[Outfit Above]

4 months ago

Aubree and Marcus have been on their own for almost a month with no sign of Glenn. The Morris girl still wanted to go and look for their friend but Marcus convinced her it wasn't safe and that Glenn would find a way to get back to them if he was alive but maybe it was better to assume he was dead. Secretly Aubree was still holding out hope of possibly seeing him again.

The siblings were currently raiding an old middle school on the outskirts of the city. On each other's heels, they ran through the cafeteria fighting through walkers every few steps to get back into the daylight. Marcus kicked open an exit door blinding them with the bright Georgia sun.

Neither had expected to walk right into a horde of walkers. The schoolyard was filled with over thirty walkers. "Fuck" Aubree exclaimed.

Marcus glanced back at her with a nervous smile silently saying he had the same thought. "Head towards the road and run until you hit the fields." He directs.

Aubree begins making a path through the walkers by use of a long knife. One of the dead knocked it out of her hand when she was fighting another. She was ambushed and backed into an old car, one keeping her tight against it and another closing in on her neck. Heart racing she does her best to push them away but to no avail.

Marcus suddenly appears behind them plunging his knife into one than the other and throwing the bodies down. Aubree smiles nervously in relief, she takes his open hand both turning to keep moving but Marcus is grabbed.

A huge chunk was ripped from his neck as a walker grabbed him from behind. Marcus stumbled backward from the attack his hand falling from Aubrees. He tripped over a dead body and fell letting more walkers surround him and begin tearing him apart.

"NO!" Aubree scream would have pierced their ears if they were alive. Their screams mended together until he suddenly stopped. Some walkers that had yet to reach Marcus turned to Aubree instead. She looked around struggling with wanting to survive without her brother, she sobbed as she bent down picking up her brother's gun that fell from his pants.

Aubree ran away from the school and into the fields like Marcus told her. She kept running until she found a small shed she could hold up in for the night. She leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor observing the gun in hand. She would carry that part of him with her always. Even though they were a few years apart in age they were still so close and looked a lot alike. She would think about him whenever she looked at her reflection.

2 weeks later

Aubree is riddled with emotions, she's exhausted and terrified and alone, so completely alone. She trudged through the woods deep in the mountains with still no sign of anyone. The only things she came across were some berries and a house here and there. On her last bag of dried jerky and bottled water, she was desperate to find some supplies.