Chapter 23

A/N
Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful readers, whether you celebrate it or not. Remember to love yourself. Guys, find your Ellie. And to all the single girls out there: I hope you find your Aiden...or Liam...or Jim... Or Thierry. No matter what his name is, he'd better treat you right because you deserve all the loving in the world!
I ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you!
Alwyn

P.S. Enjoy your Valentine's special. Long-ish and full of loving.

 Long-ish and full of loving

September

"And he's right to be upset." Sky marched into the crowded mall, immediately making a couple of boys turn their heads in her direction. We went on a shopping spree to find dresses for the gala, leaving Liam and Aiden at home.

"Aiden has been quiet for the last few days. It's like he's more distant after what I'd told him, and I don't know what to do."

"Would you feel okay if he kept your relationship secret?"

My friend had the habit of telling the truth without filter, even if I didn't like it.

"I explained why."

"And he tattooed your name on him. It's clear he doesn't give a damn about what others think, unlike you."

"I don't, either. You know it, Sky."

Sky let out an exaggerated sigh. "Aiden isn't the kind of guy you hide, Ellie. He's the kind of guy you brag about and show off. Any girl would die to have a boyfriend who would treat her the way he treats you. Don't hide him from your family. Your uncle won't do anything, he's far. Your mom has always supported you. What's the big deal?"

I studied my nails. "Last time, everybody knew and look how that turned out."

"But it's not last time. You're almost eighteen. After your coming of age, you'll be independent. In fact, you already are, more than me. Your mom doesn't even have to give you money, you have the grant."

We walked into the first store. Skipping casual outfits, Sky went straight to the corner where party and cocktail dresses hung. After examining each and every one of them, we didn't like any.

"Half of them are boring, and the other half slutty," she huffed.

"Maybe going to the mall wasn't a good idea?"

"We can't afford Chanel, my friend. At least not for now."

The same thing happened in the next store, and in the one after that. Tired from the fruitless search, we sat down to have a cup of coffee.

"How's your new roomie?" I asked Sky, who was already frustrated by the lack of decent dresses in shops.

"He's great and fun to be with. We watched a couple of movies last night. One with Tim, and another one without him when he went to bed. The child is a saint. One doesn't realize he's there."