Chapter 30

A/N

5k guys! Glad to have you as my readers, grateful for every vote and comment, and happy you like my characters as much as I do. You are my motivation to write more and more! A surprise update for you. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

P.S. The video on top is for the last part of the chapter. This song is on my Aiden and Ellie's playlist.

 This song is on my Aiden and Ellie's playlist

October

I sat on the bed with my back against the headboard. Ellie put her head on my lap and drew her arms around my legs.

"I have a solution to your problems with studying." I threaded my fingers through Ellie's long hair smiling at her pleased expression as she closed her eyes and made herself comfortable.

"Which solution?" I heard her say.

"Well, before I tell you that I need to admit something to you."

Ellie looked up at me from my lap.

"I've got a surprise for your fall break. A trip."

I chuckled at how fast Ellie sat up. She stared at me, her eyes huge.

"Are you kidding? It's in three days!"

"I couldn't tell you earlier because I booked the tickets yesterday."

"The tickets? Are we going by train?"

I shook my head.

"Plane?"

I nodded, enjoying it almost too much.

"And you're not going to tell me where we're going, right?"

"No. It's a surprise, but it'll be only you and me for two weeks, and you have to pack summer clothes."

Ellie squealed before launching herself at me and landing right into my arms. I hugged her tightly, thinking that I'd gladly plan a hundred vacations with her just to see the excitement on her face.

"What am I gonna do with everything?" she asked.

"With what exactly, baby?"

"School." Ellie sighed.

We returned to our previous position on the bed. I cradled Ellie to my chest, kissing the top of her head.

"We have three days left," I said. "I know you're used to doing it all on your own, and I get it. But I'm also aware of how tired you've been lately. You're barely sleeping, and you're stressed."

"I know." Ellie nuzzled into my neck, sighing.

"Which subject is the worst?"

"Math and Chemistry. It's not that I don't get it; it's just too much. Do you remember Mister Norton's tests? They were a breeze compared to what I have to do. Some concepts are too difficult to get a grasp of."