Chapter 76

July

July

I was getting married tomorrow.

For the last few hours, I found myself unable to think about anything else. The stupid rule of not seeing Ellie before the wedding made me grumpy, much to the guys' amusement. Now, as I stood on the balcony of my hotel room overlooking the English Channel, I let my gaze drift to the white chalk cliffs before taking in the spectacular sunset in front of me.

My girl loved the sea. A wedding in Paris would be great, but it wasn't Ellie's dream. I recalled that evening with a smile - us, studying the map of France, looking for a place where we'd want to say our vows.

The small town of Étretat wasn't the most spectacular when it came to French cities, but the natural beauty surrounding it was breathtaking.

Casting one last glance at the sun sinking into the sea, I grabbed my wallet and headed to the hotel bar.

When I was downstairs, I spotted the guys at a table on the outdoor terrace. Jim, Liam, Ollie, and Dar had already ordered the drinks, and, judging by the half-empty tumblers, had been waiting for me for a while.

"Here goes the whipped man." Jim's lips spread into a grin as soon as he saw me. "Any heebie-jeebies yet, Kennedy?"

I pulled out a chair and then flopped down onto it. "None."

Liam chuckled, looking at Jim. "You could've skipped the question."

"I love this place," said Ollie. "I almost wish we had chosen to get married here and not in Paris."

"It's amazing," I said. "Is everything ready now?"

Darren's laughter didn't let Ollie answer. "Yeah, junior. Guacamollie grew some balls for once and stood his ground."

Ollie grinned. "Damn straight. We've invited only those we wanted to see, you guys included, and Marie chose the place for the banquette she liked. You were right, guys. It's our day, and we want to enjoy it. So, another wedding in August."

"You're making me feel so single." Jim leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms behind his head. A couple of girls sitting at a table to the left giggled, checking him out.

"Single because you want to be," said Liam as he took a sip of his drink.

"Look who's talking, lover boy." Still laughing, Jim asked the waiter for a drink for me.

I knew I'd only take one. I couldn't risk waking up with a killer headache on my wedding day.

I also knew that as soon as I was done hanging out with the guys, I would go to talk to Ellie.