Chapter 38

A/N
A surprise one. Contains loving.

October

October

Aiden traced the words To my everything carved on the bracelet I'd given him once we were back from our anniversary date. The moonlight slipped into the bedroom, bathing it in a soft glow as we lay on the bed in the cabin facing each other, still dressed except for our shoes.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked Aiden.

"About us and this first year together. A hell of a ride, huh?"

"Yeah." I moved closer to him. "We skipped all the typical teenage milestones — going to prom, deciding on a college."

Aiden caressed my cheek. "Do you regret that?"

"No. Do you?"

He shook his head. "I've got you, and our life together. Honestly, I wouldn't change it for anything. What's prom when we've got galas at the opera, right?" He smiled.

"But still, I feel sorry for how fast you had to grow up because of your family and taking care of yourself on your own."

"Don't be. It led me to where I am now. I wouldn't change it."

"When we're back in Paris, you could go out with the boys, do stuff guys your age do, you know? I don't want you to feel like you've been missing out on the fun."

Aiden laughed. "I went out plenty in summer, baby. I'm not missing that right now."

"You did?"

"Yeah, with Liam and the gym guys. We used to hang out near the Seine or at the gym and the bar nearby. It was fun, but not as fun as being with you."

"Why do you have to be like that?"

"Like what?" Aiden moved his fingers to my neck, trailing them over the tender skin.

"So caring, so thoughtful, so good to me."

"I can be other things, too," he whispered.

"For example?"

"Can I show you better?"

I nodded and felt Aiden's hand on my neck pull my face to his gently. His lips parted mine slowly, making me feel the pleasure of our contact. I kissed him deeper; now, our tongues moved together, exploring and teasing, caressing, and bringing us both to the edge. The pace of our kisses changed to the faster one in unison with the rushed beats of our hearts and our hard breathing.