Five

“I told you to wear the black one daddy,” Amo whines while taking off his tie. She took out clothes for him this morning and chose the black tie which she feels blends well with his baby blue shirt.
“I’m not going to a funeral baby. Black is for funerals. I don’t think MW is depressing.” Ethan replies and his first wife giggles.
“Why do I even bother with you. Sit down, I’ll dish up for you.” Amo says.
Lexy soon comes with Logan, Mpho, Rose and Leigh-Anne, their kids. Leigh-Anne is the youngest, so she has her on her hip.
“Are we driving together?” Lexy asks Ethan as she puts Leigh on her chair.
“You haven’t even greeted me and you’re already asking that?” Ethan says and she giggles, perking her lips.
“I’m going to MW today.” He replies.
“Oh” she simply replies. The co-wives used to get along when Amo was the only wife. Things changed when Ethan took Lexy as his second wife after she fell pregnant with Leigh-Anne. It was only right that he made an honest woman out of her. since then, the two hardly get along and though they don’t butt heads, they hardly ever talk.
He slept with Amo last night though he was never one who wanted a schedule. He drops off the kids at school and day-care before driving to work. His wives left in separate cars even though they work in the same company.
His strut earns him a few glances, mostly from the females who know exactly who he is. A few whispers go out, people excited that he’s here. Unlike his twin, Ethan has always loved the ladies and in their youth, he’d even disguise himself as Nathan to bed a few. It changed when he got married though but there are still some confident woman who try their luck.
She feels the presence of someone standing before her desk with a strong musky scent. His cologne invades her nostrils, demanding and intoxicating. It oozes power and confidence and curiosity has her looking up. The minute her brown orbs locks on the green ones, her throat dries. They stay glued on his, one two and over ten seconds. He doesn’t say anything as he looks at this beautiful woman whom he can’t take his eyes off. He knows it’s wrong considering he’s married but she still makes his heart skip a bit. Getting a hold of herself, she finally opens her mouth.
“You seem… different today.” Lisa says, that sounding like the most personal thing she’s ever said to Mr Willemse. She wonders if it’s possible that he’d grow a beard overnight and suddenly have green eyes. “Your coffee is on the table, just how you like it. I’ve also placed your schedule for today right next to it.”
“I don’t like coffee. Who are you?” Ethan asks, astounding her.
“I… I’m Monalisa, your assistant? Unless you’re Mr Willemse’s twin or something. Does he have a twin?”
“What do you think?”
That revelation has embarrassment embracing her face, her throat dry and Lisa feel she could have the earth swallow her up right at that moment. How can she not know her boss has her a twin? But she would if she had done some research on him like normally people do, just like she should have researched the company before her interview. It never mattered nor seemed important until today.
“Lovely meeting the bitchy assistant. I’d love if you were to remove that coffee and get me a bottle of Ciroc. I’m going to need it.” He says then makes his way to his twin’s office. She wonders if he's joking or not but does it anyway.
The entire day is a nightmare for Lisa with Ethan sending her to and from. She feels like she’s being punished for a sin she might have committed unknowingly. By the time the clock hits knockoff time, she’s exhausted and her feet are killing her. she’s still not gotten accustomed to heels even though she’s been working in them for a month now. The ones she’d worn today are a bit higher than the usual and she had thought she’d be sitting for most of the day like she usually is.
“I’ve organised you a driver who’ll drop you off at college. I’ve just received a call from your boss informing me that you’re starting with night classes today,” Ethan says, increasing the load already on Lisa’s shoulders and she feels it.
“Did he say I really have to go today? I’m tired and there’s no way I’ll be able to concentrate.,” Lisa whines and Ethan merely looks at her sternly for a few seconds then answers.
“This isn’t a negotiation. You’re already behind since you’re starting now and keep in mind you have zero experience so how about you take this opportunity with both fucken arms open, thank you.”
For the first time since she started working, Lisa misses her real boss and a part of her even wants to quit because three months is a long time but who would? She’s gotten used to earning her own money and she loves the independence. She even wishes she could have searched it earlier because she’s never been this happy.
By the time she gets home, she has to drag her body from the parking lot to her flat. She doesn’t even bother with taking a shower because as soon as she gets in bed, she’s out.
***
She’s woken by her phone ringing  in the morning, having missed her alarm because she was that tired. She feels a little better, but her feet are still hurting and in need of a massage.
Hey baby, came to pick you up for work. I’m outside,” Bonnie chirps on the other end reminding her she’s late.
“Oh shit, shit, shit!” she screams, hangs up and bursts out of bed.
Her shower is rushed, clothes crumpled, and she puts the first pair of heels she finds, not bothering with the makeup and having put on a doek because her hair is way too wild to do anything about it.
“Don’t say anything,” Lisa says after getting into Bonnie’s car who’s holding back laughter.
“Morning, doesn’t seem like it’s a good one for you.” Bonnie says instead and Lisa turns to look at him.
“Really?”
Bonnie chuckles, unable to hold himself. “What? You have a doek on and if there’s something I know about you is you don’t like covering your head, ever.”
“Unless the hair is unruly. I’m too late to put on a wig and why has this car nor started moving yet?” she asks in irritation, making Bonnie start the car.
The man tries to speed it up a bit just so she’s not too late, but the traffic makes his effort unfruitful.
“Good luck,” Bonnie says, kissing her cheek and damn she sure hopes that lady luck will work in her favour.
“I’m so fired,” she murmurs to herself as she gets into the premises of MW mining.