Fourteen

He’s booked a suite for them in Durban’s finest five-star hotel. He’s also arranged an outfit for her for the book launch they’ll be attending in the late afternoon, but he’s planned it as a surprise. Ethan hopes she doesn’t reject his gift because she’s unpredictable like that.
“This is beautiful,” Lisa says while looking around the suite. He notices she’s not impressed by this and his heart does some flips.
“Do you want to rest or food?” Ethan asks and she goes for the latter because the flight wasn’t long and she’s not exhausted. So, he orders food for them and with her shoes off, they eat in the hotel’s balcony while overlooking the view of the city. The food is coupled with good wine while Ethan brings good company.
“I can’t get our kiss out of my mind,” Ethan says while looking at her with her mouth stuffed. “And something like that has never happened to me. I’m too old to be going crazy over a simple kiss Lisa.”
“How old are you?” Lisa asks after swallowing and he chuckles.
“Old enough. My age doesn’t matter”
“You know the internet has it, right?” Lisa says and he nods.
“You’re making it sound like I’m famous and I’m not.”
“But you can be googled so that says something. I can’t stop thinking about it too. I can still feel your lips on mine,” Lisa admits, and he smiles.
“I want to kiss you again and again and again,” Ethan says, and she giggles.
“I have feeling Ethan. What if I get horny?” Lisa asks and he tilts his head whilst looking at her.
“I’ll take care of you”
And he’s not only talking about her carnal needs but in every other way and she can feel it. They stare at each other for some time and during those seconds, everything seems normal and almost like how it’s meant to be.
Lisa’s phone rings, interrupting the staring contest. She stares at the caller and it’s Mom which means she can’t ignore it. She clears her throat then answers.
“Hey mom”
“Lisa! Why did I have to hear from Banele that you’re not in the city?”
She feels his hand drawing patterns on her thigh and looking up, he’s watching her intensely, making her throat dry and her face semi-flushed.
“Monalisa?!”
“Sorry mom. It was sort of a uhm… last minute thing”
“Have you taken pictures? I know you don’t like taking pictures but do it for mommy. You know I travel through you,” Oluhle says and she chuckles. His hand moves up her thigh and her breath catches in her throat.
“Ah, yeah” is all Lisa manages to say, slightly pissing her mom off because of her lack of interest in the phone call convo.
“Are you even listening to me Lisa? It’s like I’m having a monologue,” Oluhle says, sounding annoyed.
“Can I call you back?”
“heh wena Lisa” Oluhle rants but her daughter isn’t hearing it as she hangs up and exhales.
“What are you doing Ethan?”
He doesn’t say anything when she asks but moves his hand until it’s resting on her pelvic bone.
“I want to kiss you” Ethan says, his face inches away from hers. With a gasp from Lisa, the distance is closed and the two engage in a kiss faster than their first. He pulls her swiftly to straddle his lap, continuing with the kiss while his fingers make patterns on her back. His lips move from hers to her neck, leaving open kisses from the back of her neck, behind her ear then coming back to plant those same kisses on her jaw and she can’t help the moan that escapes her lips.
“I wanted us to stay in my house, but I don’t think you can cook or can you?” Ethan says, making Lisa open her eyes.
“Uhm, not really. You have a house here?” Lisa asks and he nods.
“We’ll spend the night there though then just order breakfast in the morning. For now, I have emails I need to reply to,” Ethan says then kisses her cheek before standing up with her on her lap and putting her feet down.
“I’ll find what to do with myself in the meantime,” Lisa says.
“Just don’t drink. We still have to go to the book launch”
******
“He hasn’t called since he left. We don’t even know if he was safe and now it’s already late. Something is up” Amo says while having wine with her sister-wife.
“There you go again,” Lexy says, bored. Amo has been like this since they dropped their husband and his assistant at the airport.
“I’m not exaggerating or anything,” Amo defends.
“He called Rose and told her to extend greetings to us. What more do you want from him?” Lexy says casually.
“Why would he call a child who’s barely six instead of us?”
“He called the house phone. This isn’t the first time our husband has left Amo. Stop being psycho and obsessive.”
"Yes but it's the first he's  left without either of us," Amo says, making Lexy roll her eyes at her crazi.
"You're crazy" Lexy tells  her but it doesn't move her .
“I’m calling Nathan and I’m definitely not going to listen to you,” Amo says while dialling Nathan’s number. The phone is answered by his wife who’s happy to see who’s calling.
“Amo, it’s been sometime”
“Jessica, can I talk to your husband?” Amo says, clearly not having time for pleasantries.
“People don’t greet when they are calling my husband’s phone or you’re just the ill-mannered one?” Jessi says, making the first wife groan.
“This is important Jessica, please”
“Hold up”
There’s some shuffling before the man’s bass is on the line.
“First wife,” Nathan chirps but she isn’t in the mood.
“Do you know anything about this trip Ethan went on?”
Amo asks.
“How will I know when I’m on leave?” Nathan counters.’
“You’re still the boss so doesn’t he run anything by you?” Amo asks, making Nathan snicker.
“If I wanted anything to be run by me, I wouldn’t have taken leave. Any more questions?”
“Is it company policy that he travels with your assistant?” Amo asks.
“If he deems it fit then yes. Is this interrogation now over?” Nathan asks, now annoyed. Amo just clicks her tongue then hangs up.
“Satisfied?” Lexy asks and she sucks her teeth yet again.
“Shut up”
******
“What was that about?” Jessie asks her husband who’s just as puzzled.
“I wish I knew. I’m going to call Ethan,” Nathan says, going out of their room. Jessie doesn’t stop him because she trusts her husband and understands that somethings can end between the two siblings. getting into his study, Nathan dials his twin’s number.
“Yes?” Ethan answers.
“Where are you and why is Amo going crazy over it? She just called me and asked a myriad question,” Nathan says.
“Amo should calm her tits. I’m in Durban for that book launch”
“It’s today?” Nathan asks, the launch having completely slipped his mind.
“Yes and there’s a business conference on Friday”
“Oh. I hope Lisa hasn’t given you any trouble,” Nathan says and his twin chuckles.
“None at all. she’s been behaving and has never been late.” Ethan says.
“Mm. Why is Amo being crazy though? It’s like she doesn’t trust you. Have you given her a reason not to?”
“She hasn’t trusted me since I made Lexy pregnant again. There’s no other reason. I really have to go now” Ethan says.
“Can I trust you around Lisa?” Nathan asks and Ethan scoffs.
“Why won’t you? Is there something going on between you two that I should know about?” Ethan asks.
“No, that’s crazy. When are you coming back?”
“Sunday,” Ethan replies then hangs up on him. Nathan only sighs and bedroom, ignoring the thought that something might be developing between his twin brother and assistant. He wouldn’t put it past Ethan and even he had noticed that Lisa is a beautiful woman yet bore no interest towards her because he’s in love with his wife. Heck, the thought of his wife being interested in her did cross his mind but he quickly erased it.
“And?” Jessie asks.
“Amo had no reason to worry. She needs to learn to trust him,” Nathan says and Jessica nods in agreement.