Forty-one

The  day's finally arrived for Lisa's rescue and Ethan has been anxious since sunrise. Lexy’s been by his side, trying to assure him that everything's going to go well. 

“What if something's happened to the kids? She was shot Lex! What if Amo shot her stomach?” Ethan says. Thinking of Amo shooting his pregnant wife has him feeling like strangling the life out of her. It's not something he'd do since the woman remains his kids’ mother. “They'll get her back in one piece Ethan and we have to hope the babies are also OK.”

“Hope? It'll kill Lisa. They're her first and…i just… I don't want anything else hurting her .”

Lexy gives him a hug, brushing his head as he lays on her breasts. She's also praying that everything goes well. “Daddy, panicking isn't going to help. Lisa will need is to be strong for her after everything she's gone through.”

“ You're right and I appreciate you being here for me Lex. I love you,” Ethan says and kisses her chin. She smiles sweetly at him, “ I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.”

“OK love birds; we're leaving!” Randy shouts outside their door. He's the one leading the team to Lisa's rescue. It's a team of five; Randy, Nathan, Jessica, Thuso and Ricky. 

The two get off the bed quickly and rush out so they can bid them farewell. “ Don't mess this up! I don't care if you family but I'd kill you if any harm occurs to my wife and our babies.” Ethan threatens but it only affects Thuso; the other four not really moved. Their family but apart from that, they're not planning to fuck up. “Wasn't she taken before you got married? How's she your wife?” Randy asks while licking on an ice lolly.

“ Don't fucken piss me off Randy! I'll -”

“ Yeah, yeah we get it. OK team, let's go fuck this shit up,” Randy says with a clap of hands. Lexy has to restrain her husband from jumping on to a very chilled Randy. They leave; Jessi promising them that they'll come with Lisa unharmed. 

“ Daddy?” Rose calls her father while coming down the stairs. She's supposed to be taking a nap like the other kids. “ Here,” Ethan answers, having calmed down a bit. He knows he can't be mad in her presence. “Why aren't you in bed?” he asks when she's now in the living room with them. Rose launches herself on her father's then shrugs. 

“What's going on sweety?” Lex asks her daughter after sitting next to her husband on the couch. The girl shrugs again then starts biting her nails. “Rosey, talk to us.”

“i miss mami. She never comes. Does she hate us?”

“No sweetie, of course not. Daddy and mami can no longer live together which is why she's not here but she still loves you.” Lexy says and Rose looks up at her mom. “She does?”  Lex nods. “She hates Daddy? That's why she left?”

“No. She left because she had to,” Ethan adds. It's something they haven't gotten to tell the kids; Amo leaving that is and the worst thing has to be how said woman isn't giving them any attention. “Oh. Can I visit her?” the little girl asks with a hopeful smile on her face. “Of course you can. I'll call her tomorrow then ask when she's free. You'll go with Logan and Mpho.”

“They'll be so happy!” Rose exclaims while bouncing on her father's lap. “Yes, now go take that nap little girl,” Ethan says and she gets off his lap with a giggle. “ Love you mama, love you dad.”

“Love you too baby,” the parents say in unison. When she's disappeared up, Ethan sighs. “I hope Amo doesn't disappoint.”

“Yeah, me too. She's still mad about you wanting the marriage annulled. Let's hope she doesn't paint the kids with that same brush.”