Twenty-six

A/N: Evening and apologies for not having posted yesterday. I unfortunately can only post when I get borrowed a phone and trust me, it don't come easy. Enjoy XOXO

______________________________
The first person she tells is Banele who’s happy for her and teases her about being number three. He tells her three is a charm and it’s as consolation to the fact that she’s not the first or second. She’s worried about her mom and how she’s going to react to this. Sure, she might like Ethan but who knows how she’ll feel when she finds out he’s married. She shifts the thought to the back of her mind though so she can soak in the feeling of her engagement. The thought of committing herself forever to the love of her life warms her heart and she knows that love is enough to conquer whatever storms they may face. He’d taken her on a hot air balloon ride the following morning right before sunrise, so they’d witnessed it while floating above Pilanesberg National Park. Now it’s Friday and she’s just arrived at work. She’s been happy since yesterday and hopes the feeling lasts forever.
“She’s glowing!” Rachel exclaims when she passes by her fort.
“Shh, we’re at work,” Lisa says with a giggle.
“Yeah, yeah. I won’t even ask you how you’re doing because you’ve been like this since…” she looks around first then lowers her voice, bringing her chest closer to Lisa so she can hear her almost whisper, “since a certain Mr Williamse took you before knockout time”
“Mind your business Rachel,” Lisa says and the blonde rolls her eyes.
“You’re my friend but OK. Enjoy your day then, Mrs-to-be, Nathan already took his messages,” she says.
“Nathan? Since when are you on first name basis?” Lisa asks and she chuckles.
“Since never but I know you can keep a secret. Let’s do lunch, my treat.”
They part ways and she proceed to her desk.
****
“What do you have for me?” the woman asks while stepping her foot down. she’s been waiting for this moment for a long time and looks forward to reaping the rewards of her patience. The bald photographer discreetly hands her the A4 brown envelope. Sofia peeks in and smiles deviously, almost wishing she could laugh out loud but she wouldn’t want attention her. “This is good. This is very good”
“What are you going to do with this?” the bald asks and he meets a stare that almost has him shaking in his boots. The smile from the scorned woman has disappeared, almost like it was never there.
“You don’t get to ask the questions, do you hear me? I used all my money on you so you better hope this pays out. They’re going to pay for ever messing with me!” she grunts, making the man swallow hard. “You’re dismissed”
He doesn’t wait a minute longer and starts, scurrying in his retreat. The seated woman takes another glance at the envelope then makes a call. She didn’t think things would pan out this way because the woman had seemed like a saint. You can never judge a book by its cover after all.
“Sunday Tea, hello?” the receiver says.
“Is this Miss M?” Sofia asks.
“Yes, who’s this?”
“Don’t worry about who I am. I have this Sunday’s front page. Can we meet?” Sofia confidently says.
“We already have a front page,” the woman dismisses.
“But this includes the notorious business heads twins. The Williamse twins.”
There’s a silence for about three seconds before Miss M answers, “Did you say front page?”
“Yes. I’m willing to give you an exclusive if you pay me for my effort,” Sofia says.
“How do I know you’re not wasting my time?”
“I also know about your history with this particular twin so I’m pretty sure you’ll be more than happy to dish out this dirt. Imagine what it can do for your company. Think about the sales both online and on paper. You cannot pass out on this change Miss M”
“Where are you?”
Sofia’s lips curve into a smi,rk as she tells the woman where she is. She orders a glass of champagne as she wait, looking forward to seeing how Miss M is going to react where she sees the snaps. She admits that the man did a good job and even though it put a dent in her bank account, she’ll be reimbursed.
*****
“I must admit I didn’t see this coming,” Rachel begins during lunch. They’re at the company cafeteria instead of going out because not many people have their lunch there. It’s usually coffee but only for those who’re running late. It’s mostly the underground men and women who use it because of the discount but Rachel decided they should save. After all, she has a family she needs to support so every cent count.
“See what?” Lisa asks while feigning innocence.
“You and Ethan. How?” she whispers.
“There’s no-”
“No use denying it because that ring on your finger speaks volumes. Wifey number three? I’ve always wondered how polygamy works and it’s good to know I’ll have the front row seat with you. I want to know about the sex above all. do they-”
Lisa stops her midsentence. “Geez Rach, are you for real?”
“What? I mean threesomes are nice so what about foursomes? I can bet it’d be hot. Imagine three hot women all waiting for their turns with the cock. Two will probably makeout while the other is busy. I’ve watched lesbian porn and it’s hot!”
“Fucken hell Rach! I haven’t confirmed anything,” Lisa says, and she rolls her eyes.
“You don’t need to confirm anything boo. I know what I know. You should be thinking about these things you know,” Rach says, and Lisa sucks a breath as she gives up. What she picks up is how cool Rachel is with this and even the thought of her moving it through the grapevine doesn’t scare her. she’s never cared about what fellow employees say about her anyway and won’t start now. The lunch continues with Rachel’s teasing and kinky comments that has the bitch-faced woman laughing through her straight face. by the time they go back to work, Lisa’s cheeks hurt while Rachel is just happy to have her as a friend. She’s the only who hasn’t thought of her as crazy and who’s finally accepted her after the long time, she’s wanted to be her friend. Lisa is the only person in the company she’d wanted to befriend and she’s happy about how it turned out.
She finds him waiting for her in the basement. Ethan sent her a message a few minutes before knockout and she thought he was kidding. However, seeing him here has her heart fluttering. He’d sent a driver yesterday; the morning of having been the last time she saw him. She concludes that she loves being married more because she gets to see and spend time with him more.
“Dinner?” is the first thing he says when she gets into the car and she frowns.
“Really Ethan? No asking about my day or how I’m doing?” Lisa asks with a frown.
“I’m sorry baby but I was thinking we do that over dinner,” Ethan says.
“Aren’t you going home? It’s Friday,” Lisa says and he sighs.
“I’m spending the weekend with you Lisa,” he says in dismissal but she refuses to be dismissed.
“You spent Wednesday night with me, went home late on Tuesday night and now you want the weekend? It’s too much baby and as much as I’d love that, I don’t think it’s wise,” Lisa says.
“You don’t get a say in the matter Lisa. I need this. I’m going to tell the first wife On Sunday so I need the strength,” Ethan says and she sighs.
“where did you say you’re going?” Lisa asks and he shakes his head.
“Don’t worry” Ethan says.
“Of course, I’m going to worry. I wouldn’t say that to you if you asked”
“I said I’m going camping with Tumelo which is true. Lexy knows though but yeah, we’re going camping”
“Camping? What if I don’t like it?”
“It’d be one of the things you do for love,” Ethan says then winks.
“Oh, really now?”
The man just chuckles and continues the drive to her apartment. When they get there, he orders food and then watches her as she showers. He’d love to join her but also knows if he does, then they won’t ever come out. He helps her lotion and after she’s dressed, they go have the dinner which has arrived.
“Are you on contraceptives?” Ethan casually asks and the question has her choking. She vaguely remembers the last time she took her pill and oh so well remembers she didn’t have her period the third week of the month like she usually does. Yes, it has been late before but never two weeks. She remembers they’ve never used protection and mentally slaps herself for never having thought of it. The man already has four kids so why add more? Worse she’s not even a wife so she can imagine. “Lisa?”
Ethan breaks her trance and remembering his question, she nods then shakes her head before looking down. “Talk to me baby”
“I think I’m pregnant. I…it makes sense now”