Eight

The arrival of the new-born has managed to bring the lovebirds together again. Things always become a little shaky whenever King, Nathan’s late father is mentioned but Nathaniel helped bring his parents close. Everyone is happy about the arrival with Lexy and Amo working together for the coming home of Jessica with the bundle of joy. It’s Sunday and Nathan has went out to fetch them leaving his mom, Amo, Lexy and Rose busy with the preparations. Ethan is only coming later with the kids since he’s taken them out to do their hair.
“Ethan tells me you two don’t get along,” Miley says when they finally take a break from decorating.
“Ethan shouldn’t go out discussing our business like that,” Amo says, mad that her husband did that.
“Go out? Ethan is my son so who else should he confide in? I don’t appreciate your attitude Reamogetse because I’m trying to talk.”
“Sorry Miley,” Amo says.
“Lexy, what do you have to say about this?” Miley asks, turning to the redhead who shrugs.
“Things are going to be better when Amo accepts me as Ethan’s second wife. We’ve been married for some time now and frankly; she shouldn’t have agreed to him taking a second wife if she knew she was going to beef with me. It’s Ethan who asked me to marry him, not the other way around” Lexy says and Miley suggests that they all sit down for this conversation. The three sits in the dining hall with Amo soaking in what Lexy just said.
“So it’s my fault? You were sleeping with my husband behind my back and now expect me to accept you with open arms?”
“Behind your back? You married him knowing about me and maybe, just maybe if you were satisfying him, he wouldn’t haveio kept coming back to me,” Lexy snaps.
“You bitch!” Amo bellows
“Says the girl who used to fuck old men for a living. unlike you, I’ve only slept with one man and he happens to be my husband!” Lexy bellows back and thank God Rose is upstairs in the cinema.
“Enough ladies! Don’t you think you’re both too old for cat fights? You live in the same house with kids so do you think you’re raising them in a healthy environment? The sooner you accept that you’re married to the same man, the better. I was never a fan of polygamy, but I accepted it for my son’s sake because he’s a man and way past the age of me controlling him. It’s too late for you to back out now so y’all better find a way to work through your differences and stop stressing my son!” Miley says, sounding almost breathless. The two are shocked, a little fearful because of that outburst. They go back to decorating, putting finishing touches and then welcoming Vanessa, the aunt and her husband then comes Princess, Prince and Ricky. Ethan comes at the same time as Nathan and for a moment, everyone gets along.
*****
“Your mom made this, didn’t she?” Bonnie asks after lunch and during dessert.
“You really have no trust in me when it comes to cooking neh,” Lisa says and the man chuckles.
“I love you baby, but you can’t cook. You wouldn’t cook to save your life,” he says and Lisa just giggles.
“Fine, it was her. she’s cooked enough food to last me the week. She’s amazing.”
“That she is. How are you though?” Bonnie asks.
“I’m fine, there’s just something that’s been bothering me which is why I’ve called you here.” Lisa confesses.
“Oh, what is it baby? You can talk to me about anything”
“what’s going on between you and Thuso?” Lisa asks looking him in the eyes because eyes can never lie. The question catches Bonnie off-guard and he’s almost offended that she’s asking.'
“what do you mean what’s going on between us, are you accusing me of something?”
“It’s a question,” Lisa replies with a shrug.
“She’s your best friend,” Bonnie reminds her like she forgot.
“You’re not answering the question Bonnie.”
“There’s nothing going on between us and I’m offended you’re asking. Don’t you trust me?” Bonnie asks and Lisa refuses to feel guilty for asking.
“Then why do you suddenly have each other’s number? After our dinner date, she even said she’s going to call you to ask how it went. How did she suddenly become so involved in what happens between us?” Lisa asks, making Bonnie sigh.
“It’s my fault. I’m the one who called her when I was too scared to call you because of how things ended up between us. I’m sorry and I’ll delete her number if that’s what you want,” Bonnie says, holding her hand.
“I don’t want you talking behind my back Bonnie. You know I’m an overthinker and you know what happens when I do it.”
He hands her his phone. “And this?” Lisa asks, unsure.
“You can go through it if you want. I don’t want us starting over with you not trusting me,” Bonnie answers and Lisa takes it and puts it in her pocket.
“And the business phone? Maybe it’s what you use to communicate,” she says.
Bonnie chuckles. “Fine but under one condition,”
“I don’t think I’m going to love that” Lisa says, making him chuckle again.
“Take me back baby and we’ll take it slow. I just want you,” he says.
“Fine, now your phone Mr”
“Wait, you’re serious?” Bonnie asks excitingly and she nods, making him jump onto his feet and pull her up into his arms. He hugs her for dear life, singing ‘thank yous’ and promising her she won’t regret it.
But will she really not? In the back of her mind she knows why she’s agreed to take him back. She’s thinking that rekindling an old flame is what she needs to forget about the man she shouldn’t be having feelings for but if only she knew…
“Fuck, I don’t know what to do with myself. You don’t realise how much you’ve made me happy baby; I’m having a good week already.”
Bonnie says then plants a kiss on her lips. “Oh, and I love the new hairdo, suits you.”
“Thank you,” Lisa says and the two continue in the new love bubble. She hopes above all that she won’t regret. He is Afterall her first love, first everything so she’s the man she deserves to be with and the only one she should be love, no one else.
She wakes up rather in a good mood and declares to herself on the mirror that no one’s going to ruin her day. She was woken up by Bonnie’s call, who reminded her of his love for her and told her to get ready and that he’ll be fetching her. it feels good not taking taxis and she’s even thought of buying a car but saving now rather for the car she wants instead of putting herself in debt. She finishes in due time and even gets to contour and highlight her face. she’s starting the week in a high tune and vows to not letting anyone lower it. Like usual, she has cereal for breakfast. Bonnie texts her he’s outside after she’s watched the bowl she used. She gathers her bags and phone then leaves, making sure to lock her door. His jaw drops when he sees her, and Lisa only laughs at his reaction.
“Baby, did I forget something?” Bonnie asks and she shakes her head with a smile. “Then why the hell are you looking so damn fine in a morning? Dammit man Monalisa”
“I’m not fighting baby but I felt the need to remind you of who you’re dating and so you won’t think of paying attention to any other woman,” Lisa says and he groans.
“Damn did it work. Now I wish we weren’t taking it slow because I’d be getting one for the day now,” Bonnie says, feeling the arousal in his pants.
“Slow down tiger and drive. I don’t want to be late for work,” Lisa says, and Bonnie has no choice but to start the car.