Thirty-six

She didn't think her wedding day will come this soon and now that's it's here, she finds herself freaking out. She hardly slept the previous night, her friends having kept her up in the name of ' Bachelorette party'
She had fun with the non-alcoholic wine, cakes and the dancing. She also loved the sensual gifts she received, already looking forward to indulging on them with her husband. Now the day is here and in her beautiful white dress, sleeveless with diamond embedding on the lace covering her chest, she's nervous.

Her makeup is done, hair done and now she's in this moment for herself she asked for

Her makeup is done, hair done and now she's in this moment for herself she asked for. Rachel and Lexy agreed to give her this moment, not that they had a choice. She's the bride, it's her day and Ethan wouldn't want to hear she didn't get what she wants. She takes a deep breath, staring at her reflection on the mirror. Her father is running a little late and she wants to have gotten a hold of herself by the time he gets here.
" If only mom was here..." Lisa mumbles, trying not to think too much about her. It's suppose to be her happy day but somehow her mother not being there has her feeling like something's missing, like there's a void that stopping her from being happy. It is though because she's been close with that woman until a few months back. There's a knock on her door which has her fanning her face with her hand, trying not to cry and ignoring the lump on her throat.
" Come in," the bride says, thinking it's her father. The warring of heels let's her know otherwise and upon turning, she sees the one woman she would have never expected. The older looks at her, fighting her mind for thinking she's looking damn good in her transparent wedding dress and how the bump suits it.
" You're really getting married," the thicker woman says as a matter of fact. Lisa only stares at her, having an obviously blank face. She has questions but she's perfectly fine with them staying in her head. The younger didn't reply. " Without me." Oluhle adds.
" Mother," Lisa whispers. She wonders why she's here because she straight told Banele she won't come to the sham of a wedding, wanting no part in it and since she's not dressed in their theme, she knows she's here for other reasons.
" What happened to you Lisa? You've never been blinded by love so what's this?" Oluhle nonchalantly questions.
" I know you're against it. You've never tried to give Ethan a chance or our love and I'm sorry you don't approve." Lisa says, tone indifferent.
" The man isn't only years older than you but he also has two wives and four kids. Why are you settling for such bullshit? You know better dammit!" Oluhle bellows, feeling like slapping her daughter but thank God for that baby bump. Lisa winces at her tone.
" I'm sorry," she says which makes her mother snicker.
" Sorry? You're just your father's child. The man didn't think twice breaking his family for a thot but never did I think I'd see the day my own daughter is one. A home wrecker? I would have never thought. I beat you thinking you'll come back to your sense but clearly I was wrong. I don't matter to you, do I? It's why the lobola continued, you fell pregnant and everyone's here today. I want you to know this though, if you walk on that isle then consider yourself motherless because I'd be done with you. Same goes for your brother since he's supporting this."
The words linger in her mind after she's gone. Her mom's cut her off and it hurts more now than when she merely thought she's cut off. It's slowly sinking in; how she's hurt her and how much she's ashamed of her. Oluhle didn't need to say it but she knows she is.
" Look at you all sad on your wedding day," a voice says behind her. She hasn't been able to withhold the tears since her mom came. She looks into the mirror tear faced and having been so in her sadness that she didn't hear her come in. Amo. She wonders how she even knew about this because it can't be that Ethan invited her.
He said he won't.
" What do you want?" Lisa asks in a voice so low that Amo probably wouldn't have heard her if the door wasn't closed.
" Mm, what do I want? Let's see..." she feigns pounding, finger on her lower jaw while looking up. Lisa is in no mood for this and since she's been waiting ages for her father and still waiting, she can't exactly leave the room. So she's left with no choice but to wait for the first wife to make up her mind. " Oh, right. I'm here to see your downfall. See, I thought he was just infatuated with you but seeing him never paying me a glance since I moved out, I got angry. I'm a woman scorned and since you're part of the cause, you shall feel my fury. I know you're waiting for daddy dearest and unfortunately for you, I ensured he won't come."
That catches Lisa's attention who turns to be face-to-face with her. The older woman's heels have her more taller than her and barefoot, she's probably about two inches more.
" Wh-What did you do to him?" Lisa asks in a breaking voice. Mention of her father was enough to get a reaction from her. The taller is standing confidently, chest out with a sly smirk on her face. She's loving what she's seeing, happy to have gotten such a reaction from her.
" Wouldn't you like to know," she says smugly. Lisa looks at the woman for a few seconds with a blank expression while Amo wonders what the hell's going on in her mind. She's not scared because one, she's pregnant and two, way smaller than her. If it came down to a fight and with her pent up anger, she'd hit her to early labour.
" Why are you here?" she finally asks with disinterest. It's clear a lot of people are against their wedding and walking down the aisle without her father isn't something she's considering. Where could he be and most importantly; is he alive?"
" To gloat, obviously," Amo says in a duh tone which leads to Lisa scrunching her face. " Oh, don't look so confused. Did you really think you'd have a happy ending after what you did to Bonnie and to me? Might as well call me Karma cause I'm back for you bitch."
She opens her Chanel purse to reveal a silver .22 pistol and swings it around.
" I have nothing to lose except for my kids. They'd be in good hands with Lexy anyway so what if I kill you?" She takes out a silencer from the purse and fits it to her gun. " What if I kill that bastard you're carrying? You losing your first child would be a good example of what happens when you mess with me. Ethan will never find me and probably wouldn't even bother and it'd be too late anyway when he figures it's all me."
" You wouldn't," Lisa says more calmer than the woman anticipated.
" And why wouldn't I?" she spits. " Why would I save you?"
Lisa doesn't say anything but continues to blankly stare at her. It feels like her day is doomed but she kind of was expecting this. She just...somehow hoped things would go smoothly regardless of the odds against them.
She cocks the loaded gun and presses it against her stomach. " You're a brave one, aren't you?"
The reality of the situation hits the bride who's breath gets caught up in her throat. She can't lose her baby and just as soon, tears stain her face, messing up her makeup. " imagine how he's going to feel when his precious child isn't there. He might hate you for failing as a woman."
" You...you're not that heartless," Lisa says and she snickers.
" And how do you know that princess? You don't know me."
She moves the gun to her neck, keeping it there while the younger whimpers.
A knock on the door startles them alerting Amo that she doesn't have much time. It all happens too fast and all the person on the other end of the door heard is a loud cry. The mistake they make is leaving to call for help while Amo walks out, scurrying into the opposite direction. Mission accomplished.
*****
" She's changed her mind," Nathan says with a naughty smirk on his face. The service should have started five minutes ago but the bride and her entourage are nowhere in sight.
" Shut up!" Ethan grunts through gritted teeth. He's trying not to panic, thinking it's just the bride being late because she can't think of any reason she'd get wedding jitters. Definitely not when she loves him as much as he does her.
" What other reason is she late?" the twin presses.
" I'm warning you man," the groom threatens like it's suppose to scare his twin. He only snickers, pushing him a bit. They're at the alter, waiting for the bride.
When fifteen more minutes pass, Ethan has reason to panic. As if she can read his mind, Miley walks to them. She could have been with Lisa but Lexy told her it wasn't necessary, assuring her that they were good since she wasn't feeling well. She ended up coming here, having arrived with her sons instead.
" Don't you think I should call them?" she asks and the groom nods. He's clenching and unclenching his jaws, praying that Lisa isn't having cold feet. He's a little distraught to reply in words. Miley walks out with her phone, calling Lexy whom she hopes will have answers for them.
The woman comes back rushed, tears streaming down her cheeks which not only startles her son's but the few guests as well. The two rush to her,both standing by her side as they wait for her to say something.
" Mom?" they say in unison.
" They...they were apparently drugged and are in hospital." Miley manages to say.
" And my wife?" Ethan asks, tears already having clouded his eyes. Miley only shrugs which makes him panic.
" Tell me," Ethan says sternly which scares the woman who gave birth to her. Her cries get a little hysterical as she answers.
" She's missing Ethan. B...blood was found in her dressing room."
Nathan crouches next to his twin who's balling his eyes out on the floor, not caring about who's listening. He takes him into his arms knowing he has to be the strong one. Ethan has never cried for a woman and if they ever doubted his love for Lisa, the mistake has been rectified.
What was supposed to be a day of love, joy and happiness ends bitterly before it's even begun. The question of who took her arises and no one can answer. At least not yet.

--------
A/N : not having a phone is really messing up with my consistency but please do comment and vote.