Nineteen

“You stood me up Lisa, kept me waiting and didn’t even have the decency to let me know you won’t be able to make it. I came here, all the damn way here following you and you’ve never had time for me,” Bonnie says clearly hurt. She opens her mouth then closes, not knowing how to reply to that. “I thought you’d forgiven me for leaving you like that so why does it feel like I’m being punished? What will it take for you to completely forgive me?”
His voice is bristle and low and the woman searches for some guilt in her heart but doesn’t find it. She’s due to catch a flight to Cape Town and thought it’s best she irons things out with Bonnie who’s been ranting his pain, never giving her a chance to talk.
“I’m sorry Bonnie and this is completely on me, definitely not your fault. Can I make it up to you when I get back? I don’t want to miss my flight,” Lisa says with an assuring smile and he nods with a huff.
“I love you Monalisa, now more than the last time”
He plants a soft kiss on her lips and they hug, breaking the embrace with a kiss on the forehead. On the drive back to the house, she’s in cogitation moment. She loves Ethan, no doubt in that but some part wonders if she’s moving too fast. She has no doubt in her about their love and if she could, she’d get rid of Bonnie but why when the man has two wives? It’s a fact she cannot ignore, and she knows going forward, he’d never choose her over them. She hopes they never get to cross such a bridge.
“How did it go?” Ethan asks after she steps into the main bedroom and she sighs.
“He was hurt,” Lisa says, and he nods.
“How long are you going to keep at it with him?” Ethan asks and she looks at him with a raised eyebrow.
“What do you mean?”
The man shrugs. “We’re in love Lisa and you’re with a man I doubt you see a future with. How’s it going to work?”
“Probably the same way it works with your wives,” she murmurs but he hears her and snickers.
“I wish it didn’t have to be that way. it’s unfair of me to expect you to be all mine when I have two wives. I apologise for that,” Ethan says and awkward silence clouds the bedroom. She gets on with the packing, the man on his laptop until she finishes. He helps with the bags, allowing her to only carry her handbag to their hired car.
“Do you have a house in Cape Town?” Lisa asks and he nods.
“But it’s an apartment. It’s mine and my twin’s” he says, and she nods. The rest of the ride to the airport is quiet.
*****
“Were you bachelors when you decorated this? it gives me that feel,” Lisa says, and he chuckles with a nod.
“We were in varsity. Our father bought it for us,” Ethan says.
They’ve arrived in Cape Town and are holding hands in the apartment. It’s in all shades of grey and masculine. The kitchen has the darkest grey with appliances having mirrors like those in the Durban house. The living room is cosy, with comfy heart-shaped couches and a coffee table in a grey that’s almost crystal. The dining table is some feet away with four chairs and there’s a bouquet of fake roses in a vase. The apartment is next to the beach so in the balcony, it’s part of the beautiful view. They stand there, with him behind her, hugging her from behind as they stare. It’s quiet for some time and they find that the silence is comforting.
“I wish we could stand like this forever,” Lisa says.
“Yeah but I’m hungry babe, don’t know about you. Lunch?” Ethan asks and she nods. “We’re going out. Put on your coat then”
“Out?” he nods. “OK but don’t cry to me when we get caught.”
He chuckles. “You worry a lot”
“Someone has to between the two of us. There’s a lot at stake for you and I don’t want you thinking I’m out to ruin your life.”
“We can’t hide forever though Lisa. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep my love for you,” Ethan says, planting a kiss on the top of her head.
“I know daddy, I know.”
He still insists they go out and she goes for news café. He has a car here, so they hop into it and he drives since she’s not familiar with Cape Town roads.
He itches to hold her hand when they step into news café but decides against it. They get a table for two, one in the smoking area where Ethan takes out a cigarette and smokes. He’s not surprised when she goes for a glass of white wine because he knows how much she loves her liquor.
“You know we’re going wine tasting, right?” he asks for confirmation’s sake and she nods with a chuckle.
“It’s just one glass Ethan, come on,” Lisa says.
“I have to ask because I know how much you love your liquor,” he says, and she only smiles.
They have a wonderful lunch and the one thing Ethan gets to admire about her is how she can engage on any topic.
“I want you to meet someone,” Ethan says, and her eyes shoot out.
“Someone?”
He nods. “You’ve already met him, but I want us to have lunch with him and his family”
“I don’t know Ethan. Isn’t it too soon for that? How will you explain me?” Lisa cautiously asks. As much as she’d like to agree, she doesn’t want to have to answer a lot of questions. She might not care about what anyone thinks but she doesn’t want to put herself in a situation where she might end up snapping.
“Let’s have dinner with him only then. Tumelo is my best friend and he wouldn’t judge me,” he says, and she sighs.
“Can we do this when you’re no longer my boss?”
“As long as we’re doing it,” he says and takes her hand and plants a kiss. “Thank you”
They’re in slightly matching outfits for the wine tasting event. She’s wearing black wide legged jeans with a mustard wool jersey, black baggy denim jacket with brown heel boots. He has black skinny jeans on with a black Nike hoodie and denim jacket. She doesn’t know how but ends up snapping a few pictures of them, unable to hold herself even though she’s not a picture fan.
Getting in the garage, he pins her by the car and kisses here. It feels like ages since he did so they kiss, breaking it when they’re both panting.
“I love you”
The wine tasting is a casual event, the reason why the two aren’t in any formal wear. It’s held at a vineyard of an old accomplice of the twins. The man goes by the name of Roman and is ecstatic to see one of the Williamse twins.
“Ethan, my Ethan,” Roman says as greeting, making Ethan chuckle.
“Roman, seems much hasn’t changed,” Ethan replies.
“Trust me, we’re only aging. Who’s this?” Roman says, taking Lisa’s hand and planting a kiss. “Yours?” he prompts, making Lisa’s cheeks hit up and Ethan nods.
“I never thought I’d fall in love again, definitely not like this,” Ethan confesses, and he nods.
“She’s beautiful man. How are the kids?”
“Good, good. Still single?” Ethan asks and he nods.
“I have more important things to deal with. Women are a headache, no offence beautiful,” Roman says and he chuckles.
“I’d be lying if I say I relate man,” Ethan says, shaking the man’s hand again.
“You’re just grown now. Y’all can make yourself at home, see ya”
By the time it’s done, Lisa can’t maintain balance, so Ethan has to support her to the car. She wanted to taste every wine and though she was genuinely interested, her mind is a little fuzzy when it comes to what she’s learned. Ethan did find new clients, mostly for the law firm than MW so the event was fruitful. He even left with a crate of the finest wines which he said Lisa can have, considering her love for them.
He thought she’d be sleeping when they arrive, but she isn’t. he could feel her watching him as he drove but let her anyway. At least she hadn’t been singing along to the music on the radio.
“I want to do something before we go in,” Lisa slurs. They’re still in the car which is in the garage.
“Do it,” he says, wondering what she has in mind.
He watches her as she unbuckles his belt and the man already knows what’s up. By the time she’s freed his member, it’s semi-erect, much to do with her contact and as she lowers her head, his breath hitches.
“Lisa,” he says in a pant.
“I love you,” is her reply before he feels her tongue on the tip of his member.
“Lisa,” he lowly says.
“I love you,” she repeats, and he has to fight against the urge to close his eyes. He wants to watch her as she takes him in inch by inch.

___________
A/N: Appreciate every vote and comment. Do drop one so I can read from y'all. thank you for the love, much appreciated...
Lmao, I actually don't have a phone but I'm trying with the consistency