Thirty-Seven

He wasn’t going to cry forever but no one stopped him. It’s three hours later and they’re at hospital. Banele, Lexy and Rachel had been drugged and how is still a mystery. If the planner didn’t have an errand to run, it might have been too late for the three. The woman arrived, needing to see if the bride’s makeup is still good only to find there’s no bride to begin with. The fiance has been sitting on one spot, staring into space while waiting for news—any news and from whoever. His twin brother has already started the search for his wife and all he’s praying for is for her to still be alive. He knows he can’t lose her; he doesn’t want to lose her.
“ Baby, you should go rest,” Miley tries but she knows he’s highly not going to listen. Two more hours has passed, making it five in the wait.
“ My wife is in there,” the man only says. His voice is coarse, face tear stained and there’s no life in his eyes. “ Feels like Rickus all over again.”
“ But you weren’t even five when Rickus happened and he was nice to you.”
The man only sighs, trying not to think about his father’s old enemy. Rickus once kidnapped his mother decades back at the hospital after she’d given birth to his sister and completely transformed her all because of beef with his father. He’s trying not to think that history is repeating itself. What if he’ll never see his wife again? What if he’ll spend ten years miserable and in the search for her and only get to meet his kids then? The thought of spending the night without her or being forced to be absent in their lives has her gritting his teeth, hand itching to punch something or someone. Definitely someone. He’s still too in his emotions to think clearly so his mind is in turmoil, myriad thoughts running through it trying to piece whatever puzzle he has. It’s of who did and which enemy was scorned enough to do this.
Heels warring against the floor snaps him out of it and they both turn to the direction of whoever it is. His eyes meet with Oluhle, whom he’s never met but the similarity she has to Lisa and Banele confirms it’s their mom. In a different place, maybe he’d be a little nervous but now he’s indifferent towards her. The woman never liked him; let alone give him a chance and she did beat up his wife.
“ Ethan?” Oluhle asks, a little unsure since he’s a twin —identical at that.
“ Are you Lisa's mother?” Miley asks and the woman nods, eyes hidden behind dark shades.
“ What happened to my son? I got a call that he’s here.”
“ We’re not doctors,” Ethan snaps, earning a rib nudge from his mother’s elbow.
“ Are you talking to me like that boy? My son wouldn’t be in here if it wasn’t because of your sham of a wedding,” Oluhle bellows. She expected the boy to bow at her feet considering he didn’t get her blessings and is mad he’s being rude towards her. Who does he think he is?
“ If you care that much about him, why are you only coming now? It’s been more than five hours.”
Before she can reply with a smart remark, Thuso comes running in. She’s the first to be called since she’s surprisingly still Banele's next of kin and had called his mother since she was out of town. She drove as soon as she heard, straight to the hospital.
“ What do you want here?” Oluhle asks with a scrunched face. She still hasn’t forgiven the woman for playing her son like that.
“ I have to see him,” Thuso says, tears clouding her eyes. “ He…he’s the father of my baby”
The woman only claps her hands at the news but before anything else can be said, the doctor comes.
“ Finally,” Ethan mumbles as he stands.
“ Apologies for taking this long. Family of uh…Williamse and Boyce?” The middle-aged woman asks.
“ Tell us already,” Ethan says impatiently.
“ Right. We’ve managed to get rid of most of the drug in their systems, thankfully before any damage was done. They’re stable for now but only one person each can go in.”
“ Aren’t they suppose to be three?” Ethan asks, remembering Rachel who’s surname the doctor didn’t mention.
“ No, we actually only have Banele and uh, Lexy.”
“ I want to see my son!” Oluhle shouts, her voice echoing through the hallway.
The doctor only nods and tells her his room number, the shorter walking away immediately.
“ Something doesn’t add up here,” Ethan says, his mind seemingly now functioning.
“ Go see her then you can meet up with Nathan. I want her found as much as you and hopefully with her and my grandkids safe.” Miley says, rubbing her son’s arm.
“ Lisa’s missing?” Thuso asks, who everyone had forgotten about.
“ And who are you?” Ethan asks, voice coming out more polite than intended.
“ I… I’m Thuso. She’s my ex friend and we fell apart bad but I can help. She’s my baby’s aunt. It’s the least I can do, “ the woman mumbles the last part. She’s been miserable without Lisa, regretting ever seeing Bonnie like that. The man hurt her then tossed her aside like she never mattered— not that she did .
“ Help how?” Ethan asks, not really interested but also not willing to turn down possible help. He knows he’s not in any position to be prideful.
“ The search. I did IT and I…I’m a forensic scientist. Well, on the way there but I can be useful.” She says desperately, hoping the man’s going to allow her to do this for Lisa and for Mimi.
“ Wait her. I’m seeing my wife then we’re leaving.”
He sighs deeply then gets into the room. He’s exhausted but he knows he won’t sleep, not when his pregnant wife is missing. He has to strike while the iron's still hot, wanting to find her before the culprit moves her out of the country. He hopes it doesn’t get there. He sits besides Lexy, taking her hand into his and kissing it.
“ I need you Lex. Lisa needs us. You have to wake up and help us find her. Not for me or her but for our kids. You were excited and I know you still are. We need to find whoever did this, maybe it’s your crazy sister. I wouldn’t put it past her.” He lets out a sigh, knowing she’s going to wake up but kind of not having the patience for that. With Lexy here, no one can really hold him down in this tough time. He wants Lisa and is more concerned for her than the babies.
He kisses her hand one more time then gets into his feet, walking out in a rush.
“ Let’s go,” he says when he walks passed Thuso who’s been waiting. She gets on her feet, having to run a bit after the man taking big steps. He didn’t even acknowledge his mother.
“ Be safe,” Miley mumbles even though there’s no one in sight. She stands up, stretching a bit then walks to Lexy's room. How will she get home when she came with him?
★★★
“ And how’s he?” the man asks with his back on the door. He didn’t think he’d be seeing his ex wife in a situation like this, the man coming in her house for the first time since he left her. He notices that nothing much has changed and that Oluhle is still mad at her, probably always will.
“ Why do you care?” the woman spits bitterly, making the man sigh.
“ He’s my son and I should be asking you. Didn’t you disown him and Lisa? Your daughter who went missing on her wedding day or you don’t care that much that it doesn’t bother you?” Boyce asks.
“ If you want to check on Nele, I can give you his room number. If there’s anything else, say it then leave.”
“ So you really don’t care?” The man presses, unable to believe Oluhle can be this 'heartless'. It’s her daughter for heaven’s sake, only one at that so why’s she so unaffected?
“ You know zilch about how I’m feeling so shut it! I beat her dammit! I last spoke to her yesterday, disowning her so how do you think I feel? Yes, I’ve been mad but I’d never wish her harm. I don’t hate my daughter so stop making it seem like I do!” Oluhle rants, wiping the tears which manages to fall. She’s been trying not to think of it, replaying her last conversation with her daughter and how things could have changed. They found blood in her dressing room and thoughts of something possibly having happened breaks her heart further. They need to find her. “ Just get your back off that door, open it then leave. You’re not going to use my child’s kidnapping to worm your slimy arse back into my life.”
The man only chuckles, shaking his head then going out.
Oluhle sits with a glass of red wine, taking sips while replaying yesterday’s events.  She’s thinking of whether she missed something because who took her daughter? It happened right after she spoke with her so did she see something?
“ Did I?”
She closes her eyes and thinks; working on reviving her memory.
She remembers a familiar scent walking passed her when she was going out the entrance.
“ Come on,” she chants to herself like a mantra, trying to place the scent because she didn’t pay anything else any mind. She was upset, trying to deal with her daughter defying her and choosing a man over her. She only wanted to get to her car so she could cry about it. “ Amo!”
The realisation Sobers her up immediately and she takes out her phone to call the man he’s just chased out.

__________
A/N: SO I kinda don't remember naming Lisa's father which is why I'm calling him by his surname. Please remind me if I did or suggest a name.
I know it's been a while but votes and comments would be appreciated .