Chapter 7

------------------------xxxx---------xxxx--------------------------

"It does not do well

To dwell on dreams

And forget to live"

                                                                                                  ~Albus Dumbledore; Taken From Harry Potter

------------------------xxxx---------xxxx--------------------------

Alex's P.O.V

As soon as I stepped in I was aware that there were several eyes on me. And I knew it had more to do with how I looked in the dress or how the dress looked on me than me. I could usually walk into a room and be invisible to everyone, I liked to pretend that it was my secret superpower. I didn't mind that I was basically invisible to everyone, I kind of enjoyed the sense of security it gave me, so naturally as soon as I felt multiple eyes on me I wanted to bolt out of there. 

Just before I could turn right around and make my escape Jace comes up to me, grabs my arm and pulls me along the hallway towards the ballroom. As I walked through the crowded ballroom greeting all the village officials, I managed to answer all their questions as politely as possible, greeted the officials with a small curtsy and their wives with a light hug and kiss, well that was me on the outside. Internally my feelings were haywire. 

Many of them complimented me on my dress telling me how beautiful it looked. I just smiled and tried to get through the formalities as quick as possible.

My dress was a floor length purple gown with a sweetheart neckline. It had an intricate and detailed design on it. Since I was not into all the usually girly stuff i had no idea what material or any of the specifications of the dress. 

What i did know was that I loved the way the purple colour faded from the bottom to the top, till it was a lavender shade on my chest, and the way the butterflies all over the bottom stood out making it seem as if they were real. And what I loved the most about the dress was the hidden pocket in the skirt that allowed me to easily access my dagger.

"What did I tell you, you were amazing.", Jace says after we finished greeting everyone and moved to where the rest of our group was standing.

"Yeah yeah.", I say rolling my eyes but i was honestly relieved it was all over.

"Alex?", a lot of the guys said slowly to me as if they couldn't believe what I was wearing.

"Yes guys, it's me!", I say smiling and raising my hands in the air in a 'ta-da' manner.

"You sure that's Alex?", I hear Quinn whisper into Luke's year.

"Quinn, do you want me to prove it?" I say raising a single eyebrow, cracking my knuckles and tilting my head slightly.

"Well that's Alex alright.", another guy Owen says chuckling.

"Well damn." I hear Quinn say under his breath.

I just roll my eyes and walk towards where Jace and Luke had moved to stand.

The army officials hadn't arrived yet so the music hadn't started playing yet and everyone was just mingling, making small talk with everyone. I spotted my grandmother standing and talking to someone with my grandfather and I quickly made my way over too say hello.

"Grandma, Granddad.", I say politely, touching my grandfather lightly on the shoulder.

"Oh Alex!", my grandmother exclaimed her eyes landing on me. "You look beautiful." She says hugging me and placing a kiss on my cheek.