Chapter 13

------------------------xxxx----xxxx--------------------------

"Sometimes you will 

Never know the value of a moment

Until it becomes a memory."

                                                     ~Dr. Seuss

------------------------xxxx----xxxx--------------------------

Alex's P.O.V

"The next event is the scavenger hunt. There are pins spread out across your sector at various locations. The person that collects all the pins first and reports here gets 20 points and the second person gets 10 points. Now will Mr. Nathaniel Walker and Mr. Holden Harlow please step forward.", the guy that was conducting the events announces.

I stepped forward along with another guy whom I assume is Nathaniel. I still don't get a good look at his face as he was among the few that had jackets with their hoods up. I was even more excited for this round because I knew this village better than anyone.

"Since they were the top two in the previous round, they will be the first to get the clues which will lead them to the location."

I am everywhere all the time,
I'm always blowing through your hair.
I'm also a place where girls come to talk,
Never alone always in pairs.

Okay, think Alex. What blows through your hair and is everywhere? Air!  Okay, that's part of it. Now, where do the girls go to talk? The Salon?

Furrowing my eyebrows I look at the clue once more. 

Air salon? AirsalonAirsalonAirsalonAirsalon.

My eyes then widen in recognition and a smile on my face I run to my destination.

Of course! Hair salon!

Collecting the pin from the inside of the hair salon I rush outside to the next location. After about 20 minutes I'm done with four of the five clues. I've pretty much run all over the village by now. Looking down at the next and final clue I let out a short breath before reading it.

I'm at the entrance of the sector you see,
I'm so sick, as sick as a tree could be.
This is your last move in this game of chess,
All you have to do is tell me the opposite of less.

I run to the entrance of the village at once. Standing so I was facing the way out, I look around at all the trees in the surrounding area, which let me tell you were far more than just a dozen.

Sick tree.....?

As I let my eyes take in all the trees they seem to be perfectly healthy, and trust me after spending so much time in the forest, I could blindly tell the difference between a sick tree and a healthy one. Looking down at the clue again took me less than a second to figure out what the second part of the clue was. 

Sick tree....... More?

My eyes land on the Sycamore tree at the entrance of the village I would often climb. 

Huh, Sycamore...... Sick more!

Laughing internally at how stupidly obvious the clue was I ran to the Sycamore tree. Just as I was about to begin the ascent to the top, where I could already see the pins gleaming in the sun, a figure broke through the tree line.