Chapter 15

-------------------xxxx------xxxx------------------

"Just because someone stumbles,

And loses their way,

It doesn't mean they're lost forever,

Sometimes we need a little help."

                                                                             ~Charles Xavier;
Taken from X-Men Days of Future Past

-----------------xxxx------xxxx------------------

Alex's P.O.V

"Please tell me you're joking.", were the first words that left his mouth.

"Of course not! You said it yourself, if I was a guy you would have recruited me for the army right away!", I say crossing my arms over my chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, if you were a guy! Which you most certainly are not!", he says gesturing his hands up and down my body.

"Look please I really need to do this. For my family.", I say pleading with my eyes.

"Your name is Harlow, isn't it? Isn't your family supposed to be from the rich part of town?", he asks and I can see that he's trying to find a way to convince me not to do this.

"We got kicked out after my dad joined the army and there's no way they will accept us back! Even if my dad's dead! I can't earn enough on a daily basis to keep our entire household running. Please Nate.",I say my temper rising slightly.

"How old are you?", he asks sighing running his hand through his hair.

"Seventeen.", I say with a self satisfied smile because I knew he was yielding.

"Well that's too bad, you need to be eighteen and older to join. And it's not just a rule I'm making up.", He says shrugging.

"Well that's great news.", I say smirking.

"And why's that?", he says looking at me suspiciously.

"Because guess who's turning eighteen in a few days.", I say my grin widening.

After studying me for a while to see if I was lying he let's out a reluctant sigh.

"Okay, I'll think of a plan and let you know how we can go about this. But you need to give me a couple of days, alright?", he said running a hand through his hair.

"How do I know you're not going to back out on your word?", I ask raising my eyebrow and tilting my head slightly.

"You don't, you just have to trust me.", he says smirking.

"I don't do to well with trusting people.", I say rolling my eyes.

"Well you better get used to trusting people Miss Harlow, you'll have to do a lot of it when you join the army. You basically only have each others backs and have to place you life in the hands of the people you're with."

"Is this my first lesson?", I ask rolling my eyes.

"Only if you want it to be."

Then through the door we hear the emcee announcing that it was time for the second dance.

"Think we should go back out there?", he asks outstretching his hand for me to take.

"Honestly I would love to, but I'm so tired of doing the same dance over and over.",  I reply walking to the window overlooking the back garden.