Chapter 1

"Hey, what do you think about him?", Hoseok asked you, pointing at the young reporter with the black sunglasses.

"He's hot. But not my type. If he got a haircut, maybe."

Hoseok scoffed. "You really have high standards."

"No I don't! I don't know my standards, I just know he doesn't live up to them,"

You looked down on the guy from the balcony, putting your hair in a high ponytail. It was already 10 am. The groom should be here somewhere. You knew he arrived about an hour ago but didn't get to see him yet.

You followed Hoseok down the stairs, buttoning up your vest and then taking your nametag out of your pocket and putting it on. The reporter turned around, looking at the gigantic staircase through the lens and taking another picture. You were blinded by the flash for a moment but ignored it. It would go on like this for the entire day.

Hoseok was an angel for getting you this job. He found out about the wedding through a friend and as soon as he saw that they were hiring beekeepers, he called to ask if they had two positions.

Turned out, they did.

Now they had two fancy-dressed barkeepers, Hoseok looking even better than the well-dressed reporter.

All of the guests had either arrived yesterday evening like the two of you or this morning. Some of them were already wandering around, talking to each other, but most of them were probably still busy with dressing up.

Hoseok threw you the keys to open the bar. No one was paying attention, it was too early for drinks, but in two hours, when the bride arrives, it won't be.

According to your friend who was already busy with taking out the good bottles, she wasn't even on the island and would come later.

But he had no way of knowing that, only the groom and close friends knew.

Speaking of the groom, he was one to rather fit your standards.

Mostly because he was rich and owned a company in which you would give everything to get a job. That's why you took the offer. You hoped to get a connection to someone in the company, maybe even a manager or the manager of the manager's manager.

If it only were so easy to spot who was a manager and who was a friend of the groom. They all looked so serious.

They did resemble Mr. Jeon, though. After you got the job, you googled his name and found out his first name was Jungkook. He had a pretty face, nice hair, and seemed way too young to own a company, but appearances deceive.

It was good that you knew what he looked like. This way you knew who you shouldn't upset or spill a drink on.

Speak of the devil, you caught a glance of him going down the stairs. You put down the bottle you were holding to take a look at him.

To your disappointment, he didn't look as friendly and childish as in the photos. Quite the opposite, he looked stressed and almost a little angry.

Now at least the self-pity was gone, as he didn't fit your taste with the sour look on his face.

As you were staring at him from the distance, you realized that he was walking right towards the bar. You looked the other way and kept doing your job.

"A Martini, please."

Logically, you knew that it was Jeon Jungkook who just spoke to you.

Yet you couldn't quite believe that he was sitting right in front of you, ordering a drink.

You looked up, locking eyes with him for a moment. He looked down at your nametag, then again at your face, with that same bitter look he had when he went down the stairs. His suit matched his mood: black tie, black button-down shirt.

Elegant.

Instead of answering, you just nodded and got to work, realizing that it would be best not to mention that the bar would not open until the bride was there in an hour.

He was the one paying you to be here after all.

Homeboy wanted to get his Martini, he'll get his Martini.

You put every skill that you had gained over your short period working as a barkeeper on show. If he liked the cocktail, he might ask for your number. And if he asks for your number, then it will be because he wants to offer you a job.

You should stop fantasizing before Hoseok hits you for not paying attention. Where was he, anyway?

Jeon Jungkook looked at you when you handed him his drink. To be more precise, he looked at your nametag again.

You thought about whether you should say something to him. Something like 'there you go Mr. Jeon,' but then decided to treat him like every other client. If he saw that you were good with clients, he might offer you a job.

Not that a barkeeper might have a place in his company, but still.

To your disappointment, you didn't get the chance to even open your mouth, because he took the glass and walked off.

Your hopes dissolved into thin air.

You looked around, trying to spot Hoseok in the crowd, but he wasn't there. None of the people in the hall seemed like they saw what just happened.

You kept doing your job for the next few minutes when you were approached by a man in his twenties. You were just about to tell him that the bar would open in half an hour when he said:

"Park Y/N? I apologize for interrupting you, but Mr. Jeon would like to see you."

The thought of a position in his company didn't cross your mind this time. The guy was way too serious for that.

You nodded and followed him upstairs. He led you to a room in the back of the hall. Those were the expensive ones with balconies and a great view.

This must be the couple's room.

The guy knocked on the door and you could hear Jungkook on the other side telling him to come in. He opened the door and made a gesture for you to enter.

Instead of following, he closed the door behind you, leaving you alone in the room with Jungkook.

You kept your back straight and didn't look down, despite being scared that he might fire you on the spot because he didn't like his drink.

Jungkook was standing next to the empty wardrobe and looked at you. A glance towards the bedside table showed you that he didn't finish the drink. The glass was almost full.

You prayed that it was only you who would get fired today and not Hoseok as well. He didn't deserve it. After he put so much work into getting here, he shouldn't be punished for your mistake.

In the short moments before he said anything, you wondered what he didn't like about your cocktail. You thought you did a decent job.

What he said next was not what you expected.

"Ms. Park, I need to ask you for a favor."