Chapter 28

Hellou! Thank you for almost 600 reads, I actually did not expect that. That's cool :)

.

.

.

You knocked on Jungkook's door. 

"Are you up?", you asked, hoping he would hear you. He was tired, so you let him sleep in, but it was already nine and the ride to Busan would take a few hours. 

You had already packed a small bag for the next two days and had your clothes on. 

"Jungkook, wake up!", you said one more time before making your way downstairs to make breakfast. He shouldn't have asked you out for dinner if he was so tired. You felt a little guilty. 

Around ten minutes later, you heard the water in the shower running and you were glad you wouldn't have to yell him awake. 

Jungkook came downstairs, hair still damp and a towel on his shoulders. 

You shoved a bowl of soup toward him wordlessly. 

He looked at you confused. "When did you make that?"

"While you were asleep."

He groaned. "We're late, aren't we? I'm sorry, I didn't hear the alarm. How late is it?"

"It's okay." You showed him the screen of your phone where the time was displayed. 

He sighed. Then he took a spoon and you ate quietly. He looked better than yesterday. His T-Shirt was starting to get wet from the towel, but you decided not to point it out. After he finished, he asked you if you were done packing, and when confirmed, he promised he would be back soon. So he went upstairs to pack and you heard him cuss just a moment after there was a loud thump. You couldn't help but laugh and shake your head.

Not even five minutes later, he was running down the stairs with a sports bag on his shoulder. 

"Done!", he said proudly and got his keys. 

You burst out laughing, not standing up from the couch. 

"Come on, why are you still sitting there, let's go!"

You couldn't stop laughing. 

He looked at you dumbfounded. "Don't you think you're forgetting something?"

"Keys, phone, bags," he mumbled while checking everything. "No, I didn't forget anything."

You pointed at his pajama shorts with bunny print.

He stared a few seconds into the air and you saw his cheeks redden. He clicked his tongue. "That... is a fashion statement."

"Aha. So you want to go out like that."

"Yes, are you not okay with that?"

You could practically hear how he was begging you to say no so he would have an excuse to go back upstairs.

"Of course I am. Let's go!" you said instead and stood up. He bit his cheek, contemplating whether he should stay stubborn or give in and put another pair of pants on. 

"I'm... Imma be right back. I think I forgot my phone upstairs" he stated, though it was obviously in his hand. 

His cheeks were practically burning, so you decided to play along so he wouldn't feel that bad.

"Sure. Go ahead and get it."

He nodded, putting his phone on the counter, and went back upstairs. 

"Let's never mention that again," he said as he got in the car. He even took your bag without a word and carried it downstairs.

"Mention what?" you winked.