V) "My pointless love."

It was mid-December, Christmas was near, but Yurika's life was filled with the blossoms of love and warmth. Yurika and Hirotaka ate lunch together, almost every day on the terrace. Sometimes they just hold hands while sitting, with the warmth of love calms their mind and soul.

As days passed by, Yurika's high school life was coming to an end. Only one month was left till graduation, the time she waited for long was coming near but now she didn't want her school life to end, she wanted to spend more time with him.

"I really don't want to graduate now", Yurika was pouting.

Hirotaka smiled, "Don't worry, we can still meet outside".

"What if you forget about me?" She asked curiously.

"I will never forget you, Yuri! Even if you go far away from me, I will surely come searching for you. I promise!" He said gently.

"Hiro-san, what are your plans for Christmas Eve?"

"Nothing, maybe Ayame and her family will come over to greet us".

Somehow Yurika's face darkened, the more she tries to run away from reality- the more she faces it.

"Yeah I forgot, you have your fiancée to celebrate it", she said in a low voice.

Hirotaka looked at her and understood what's she is going through. "Do you want to meet me, Yuri?"

"Huh?", She flinched.

"I said do you want to meet me on Christmas Eve? If you want I will come to you." Yurika remained silent for some time, after that she nodded her head and said "Yes, let's meet that day".

Somehow she felt guilty, 'Hirotaka is someone else's fiancée, but it's okay to be selfish sometimes. Although he doesn't love Ayame-san, so she might have a chance,' she comforted herself.

..........

It was snowing on Christmas Eve. Yuri was waiting for him at the bus stop and Hirotaka came to her with a smile. "Did you wait for long Yuri?", He asked.

"No, just 5 mins!" She replied with a smile. Yuri saw the natural smile on Hirotaka's face was faded. He was forcing himself to smile.

"Hiro-san, did something happen at home?", She asked him.

Hirotaka remained silent for some time. "Well, for the first time I opposed any rule set up by my mother. Every year Ayame and her family would come over to spend Christmas with us but this year I wanted to spend this Christmas with you. So I objected to that rule and came to see you. Thank you, Yuri, for making me so brave", he said with a small smile.

Yuri felt pity for him. She patted his back and said- "Don't worry, I am with you always. No matter what happens, I would never turn my back against you".

They visited the church and prayed together. While praying Yuri was stealing glances at him, 'God, please let me stand by Hiro-san's side forever! Even during my death, I want to stay by his side! Please don't take him away from me!', She prayed with teary eyes.

The warmth of love gave her the peace she was seeking, it was already time to return home. Hirotaka gently patted her head.

 Hirotaka gently patted her head