XIV) The Conflict begins!

"Mom? Where have you been? I was worried sick for you! I almost panicked when that weird man welcomed me after I came back from school! Why are you late?", Irie was quite restless.

Yurika was smiling softly, she patted her head and said, "I am sorry! I thought I would be early here before you come back but it took some time! And stop calling him weird man Irie. He is a kind one--"

"Welcome back!", Hirotaka interrupted her while smiling gently at her.

"Yeah! I am late though!", she replied while looking at him.

"Yurika! You look very pale! Are you okay? Did you drink the juice I gave you?", he was quite worried.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I actually forgot about the juice! I will go inside & drink some water first. You can have the juice Hiro-san!", she said politely while handing over the bag to him.

"Okay! Go inside & take some rest. There aren't customers now! Irie, you go inside with your mom too!", he replied while taking the bag.

Irie stared at him for some time and followed Yurika slowly inside. Hirotaka was standing outside with a dark look on his face.

Slowly, he opened the side pocket of the bag & took outside a small black device- it was a small audio recorder, basically used for spying on someone by overhearing the conversations & also tracking someone's location.

He basically put that device in her bag to know about the conversation Yurika had with Detective Wan.

He was looking at the device with dense eyes & slowly mumbled-
"I never thought someone would actually reopen the case! The detective is very troublesome...Seems like I need to take care of the trouble soon--"

"What are you doing?" Hirotaka flinched with the sudden loud call

Hirotaka flinched with the sudden loud call. He turned behind and saw Irie was looking at him with a dubious expression.

"What did you take out from her bag?" Irie sounded extremely frustrated.
"What?", Hirotaka replied with a deep voice.

"Don't act innocent! I just saw you took out something from her bag! What did you take out?"
Hirotaka was staring at him with a fierce gaze.

"Hey, kid! Don't accuse someone without any proof "Hirotaka replied.

"Accuse? I just saw you took out something. It se-seemed like a small device! What did you take out? A-Are you spying on my mom?", Irie blurted out angrily.

"Irie? What happened? Why are you yelling?"Yurika almost came running outside.

"See Yurika! Your son is accusing me that I am spying on you!"Hirotaka complained with a smirk on his face.

"Mom! I am not lying! I actually saw he took out something from your bag! He indeed put something in your bag--"

"Irie stop it! Did I taught you to be disrespectful with elders?" Yurika interrupted him with a scold.
"But mom--"