VIII) "You are my strength!"

Hirotaka was totally immersed in the warmth of love. But their happy moments were passing by too fast before Yurika's graduation. It was already mid-December.

Yurika already asked Hirotaka to spend Christmas Eve together! He was really happy with this sudden plan! Just thinking about the execution of the plan he was staring at the Polaroid they took on their first date. Feelings of being loved was a blessing for him.

"Hiro! What are you staring at?" His mom was looking for him.

"Nothing much! Just something important! Mom? Do you need something!", he said while putting the picture in his drawer.

"Nothing Hiro! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Ayame's mother called me and said they will be visiting here tomorrow! We all will spend the evening together! Make sure to have a good time and talk a lot with Ayame! You two must be close to each other now!"

His face darkened with this sudden announcement. With a strong urge of reluctance, he said "Mom! I am sorry this time!"

"Huh?"

"I am spending the evening with someone else tomorrow. I had the same routine for Christmas Eve for the last 15 years because it was your wish!! Now, I have someone I want to spend this Christmas together--"

"What?" His mother was extremely agitated; "Don't you know our family rituals? After your dad's demise, our family always spends Christmas with Ayame's family! She is someone you would be getting married with! How can you suddenly change the rules after 15 years?"

He looked at his mother with a deep gaze, "Mom! Every rule was decided by you! You never asked me what I want! For the first time I wished for something and you are disliking it!"

"Hiro don't frustrate me more! You are the reason for my unhappy life! You don't have any rights to decline my decisions! And it's was your dad's decision to get both married! Then after 15 years how do you get so much courage to disrespect our decisions? You ungrateful son--"

"Mom! I have already said my decision! I am going outside tomorrow! You can deal with Ayame & her family!", he stood up from his chair and started walking slowly towards the door- His mother was enraged enough.

"Who is she?", she asked in a sharp voice.

"What?"

"I am asking who is she? For whom you are disrespectful towards me after all these years! This is what I deserve after raising you??"

He was silent. With a small smirk, he looked at his mom, " Yes you are right! You have only raised me! Did you ever love me someday?"

"Hiro!" His mother yelled.

"She's someone who has given me the happiness of being loved! She is someone I can't lose in this life!" He said while walking away.

"Hiro! Just remember one thing! If you choose that girl over Ayame, you will be the reason for both of your parent's death! You will always live a regretful life!" She declared in a cold voice.

"I am not scared any more Mom! I was always abandoned by you! I thought I will lonely forever but no! I am not alone anymore--"
.