XXIII) The Approach!

It was around 5 pm. Detective Wan stopped by a departmental store to buy some groceries. Struggles of a single man! He was looking for some essential commodities but in the meantime, his phone rang...

He looked at the screen and it was from his subordinate officer. He abruptly picked it up-

"Hello?" He answered.

"Umm sir, Detective Ken speaking!" The voice was very deep on the side of the phone.

"Yes? Any important news?" He asked a bit impatiently.

"Yes sir! Our investigation team has found out a piece of reliable information! The car in which Mr. Myobi left the Osaka hotel belonged to Mr. Tamaki from JP corporate group, Osaka branch. We will contact the owner to know about the detailed talk between him and Mrs. Ayame." The person answered quite firmly.

"Ahh! Good job junior! Your promotion will be confirmed if we can solve this complicated case!" Wan sounded a bit glad about the information.

"Thank you, sir!" Mr. Ken seemed very happy with his assurance over the call.  "Umm, sir I have another news too!" His voice sounded a bit cryptic. 

"Go ahead!" Wan replied to him a little anxiously.

"Sir, Mrs. Ayame had her life insurance policy of worth 2 million Yen and her husband was the benefactor of that huge amount! From our investigation, it's known that her husband left Osaka after her death case was closed by the Crime Bureau department of the Osaka Police Station with that amount." He sounded mystical while informing him about the details.

"Woah! That creepy man indeed received a gigantic amount! It's enough to sustain a comfortable life! But why did he appeared so shabby to me?" Wan seemed lost in his thoughts immensely.

"Hello, sir? Are you listening?" Mr. Ken was calling him out over the phone.

"Ahh yes, that's indeed good information!" He praised his subordinate with a small grin over his face.

"And one more news sir, our investigating team has retrieved the CCTV footage of that fateful day when both Mrs. Ayame and Mr. Myobi met each other for the last time! We will get the footage recording by tomorrow morning--"

"That's great news! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Wan almost jumped in excitement after hearing about it while interrupting him. "Mr. Ken, we can easily point out anything suspicious from that meeting and that will make our job much easier to catch the culprit!" He spoke obliviously.

"Sir, are you suspecting someone?" Mr. Ken asked him in a low and cold voice.

"Till now, I am pretty much sure that Mrs. Ayame's husband has something linked with this case! But I need abundant proof to get a grip on him! Once I get any deadly proof, I am not going to let him escape from my clasp! My intuitions are never wrong Mr. Ken!" He clenched his wrist while grumbling in a low tone.

"Okay sir, then see you tomorrow in the department!" Mr. Ken greeted him politely while disconnecting the call.

.

"You are an angry young man!"