XI) " A new turn!"

It was 2.10 in the afternoon. Yurika was busy dusting the tables of the cafe. Generally, during that hour, the cafe doesn't have many customers, and of course, Hirotaka preferred to visit the cafe during that time so that no one would bother them.

Hirotaka was reading a psychological thriller book with an utmost concentration in a corner table while sipping his coffee. He was wearing a black suit & with the blazing sunlight all over his table, he totally looked like a fallen angel on earth.

Yurika was constantly stealing glances at him while working. He looked way too handsome than his age.

"Who will tell he is in his late 40s? How can be he so handsome at this age too! Maybe he had done some plastic surgery or some anti-aging treatment!", Yurika was quite confused.

"Am I too handsome?" Yurika flinched and saw Hirotaka was already smiling at her.

"Am I too handsome for your eyes Yuri?" He asked softly.

"Huh? Han-handsome? Why?" She was flustered.

"Well I saw you were already staring at me while dusting", he smirked.

"Huh! Handsome? Why would I think that! I- I was just thinking that what I should ma-make for dinner! And you are not handsome at all! You are so old now! How ca-can you expect I would think that!" She was trying hard to hide her embarrassment.

"Yeah-yeah! I have already heard these kinds of explanations when you try hard not to blush!", he smiled. "Well Yurika! I guess I didn't come here just to sit & read books! I want to talk to you Yurika! We haven't met in so many years! I am still amazed how can you be so rigid enough!".

"Um but Hiro-san! I already told you about yesterday! During this hour there won't be customers generally, so I do all the dusting & cleaning. Irie will be coming too after 3 pm, so I get somehow more busy--", she tried to explain. Hirotaka looked a bit gloomy.

"Okay fine! I will join you for some time!" Yurika walked slowly up to his table.
"What book you were reading Hiro-san?" She asked.

"The diary of a Psychopath. You have a good collection of psychological thriller books!"

"Wow! That's a nice book!"

Hirotaka smiled a bit, "yeah it's nice. But the criminal is a dork! Like he shouldn't leave all the clues behind a murder! Murder should be neat & clean!"

"Huh, Hiro-san! You are talking like a professional killer!" She laughed a bit.

"Why? Do you think I can't kill anyone? Do you think I am weak?", he looked very serious.

Yurika was surprised a bit with this weird question, "Hiro-san I know you are not a person who can kill someone! You are kind enough!", she tried to explain.

"Haha! Kind! Haha!" He laughed. "The kindness gave me nothing except pain! So I am now much better without it".Yurika was looking at him with inquiring eyes.

"But I am & I will be kind only to you Yurika. As you gave me the warmth I never had from anyone. You were the happiness in my life! So I already owe you a lot", he said.

"Something is odd about Hiro-san! I feel he is the same person I knew before but somehow I also feel he is quite different from what he used to be!", she was very worried.

"You still wear your wedding ring?" Yurika flinched with a sudden question from Hirotaka.

"Ye-yes!" She answered.