XXII) Sufferings!

December, 2010: Fukuoka, Japan.

It's been more than 7 months since Myobi disappeared from Osaka. Life has been very hard for Yurika along with taking care of small Irie who was only 4 years at that time! Sometimes he used to pester Yurika and caused a lot of fuss about Myobi, but she didn't have an answer for him. All she could do was to console him with false hope, "he will be back very soon Irie! We have to patiently wait for him!"- The same answer again and again...

 All she could do was to console him with false hope, "he will be back very soon Irie! We have to patiently wait for him!"- The same answer again and again

She has been living the life of a single miserable mother for the past few months. All of their savings were forfeited and thus she had to start working for the sake of her child. She initially joined a woolen textile company as a full-time worker but gradually it was very tough to work as a full-time employee with a small child. So, she eventually gave up and started to weave woolen clothes from home while dispatching them directly to the textiles. Eventually, the pay became much less but she endured every hardship for Irie and with a small hope that Myobi will definitely come back someday. She was well aware of the fact that what his family meant to him!

Amidst all hardships, she continued her visit to the police station to inquire about her husband. Even, the police officials had stopped co-operating with her as she was a helpless wife and a mother.

It was just a few days before Christmas, the whole Fukuoka was decorated with glittering ribbons, flowers, and balloons

It was just a few days before Christmas, the whole Fukuoka was decorated with glittering ribbons, flowers, and balloons. Christmas was indeed a big celebration for Fukuoka. Yurika was quietly sitting on a bench outside the police station while Irie was gazing at the decorations.

"Mommy, see those ribbons! It looks so beautiful!" Irie was gasping in wonder while speaking. Yurika smiled at his reaction.

"Christmas is indeed beautiful here!" She replied gently.

"Mom, daddy won't celebrate Christmas with us this time? He won't come back home?" Irie sounded very mournful while asking her.

She slowly patted his head with a painful smile. "Your dad will definitely come back home! I know! Police uncle will definitely find your daddy and bring him back!" She answered slowly.

"Really? We will celebrate together again?" Irie's eyes were shimmering with joy while asking. He embraced her gently to covey his affection.

Yurika smiled with teary eyes and nodded her head.