Chapter 31

Y/n's pov

I was looking at zenitsu and tanjiro trying to catch a goldfish.

"We brought food!" Aoi said as she and inosuke came back, inosuke was already eating.

Aoi all gave us food and we started eating.

"HEY FISH! LET'S EAT IT!" Inouske said pointing at the fish that zenitsu and tanjiro were trying to catch.

"You're already eating!" Aoi complained I giggled.

"Do you also wanna play to catch a goldfish?" giyuu turned to me asking me.

"No.," I said, I don't have an interest in doing that to be honest.

"Guys let's go, the firework show is about to begin!" mitsuri said.

"Let's go to high ground to watch it" rengoku said, we all nodded and went to find high ground.

(I did some research, fireworks were invented in 1777 and the year demon slayer take in place is 1912-1926, so there will be fireworks at this time/year)

We soon find a high ground to watch the fireworks.

There was a fence in front of us since the bottom is an ocean.

Then lights started going up to the sky and it exploded, the fireworks has already begun.

I took my mask off so I could see better, it was a beautiful sight to see.

I would only see fireworks from afar, not this close, so this is a memory to be remembered.

Giyuu's pov

The fireworks were indeed beautiful, this wasn't my first time to go to a festival but, my last festival was so long ago, my sister was still alive back then.

I look to my side and saw y/n, amazed by the fireworks, even if it's loud she was having fun, she was the type of person that hates loud things since she gets scared a lot.

His eyes were shining, she was smiling, she is having fun.

This is another memory to be remembered.

Y/n's pov

The fireworks were already done, it was indeed beautiful.

"WOW! THAT WAS AMAZING!" Zenitsu said jumping.

"Did you like it kanao?" tanjiro asked kanao who was smiling.

"Yes," she answered, well at least she can talk now without flipping a coin.

"Y/n" giyuu called me, I look up at him.

"Did you enjoy the fireworks?" he asked, I smiled.

"Yes! I only see them from afar and it's my first time being so close to it!" I said happily.

"I wish nezuko was here," tanjiro said.

"Don't worry, if nezuko woke up we will bring her" I said to him and he smiled.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" obanai asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't human after all, and the festival takes place at night," I said.

"Y/n is right," Shinobu said.

"Well...let's head back now," Shinobu said we all nodded and went back.

Once we all at the gates of the headquarters obanai, mitsuri, and rengoku said bye.

Us others head back to the butterfly estate, giyuu of course was the one helping me so his gonna escort me back to the butterfly estate first.

He opened the door to the room I was staying up, he then slowly helped me sit on my bed.

"Did you have fun?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said smiling.

"That's good to hear," he said.

"How about you? Did you have fun?" I asked him.

"Yeah" he replied.

"Thanks for the masks and thanks for helping me walk," I said.

"No problem," he said smiling.

"Good night," he said smiling.

"Good night" I also said smiling, he then walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

The room was dark, the only light I have is the moonlight.

I look at the mask he put on me earlier, I smiled and hugged the mask.

"I'll make sure to keep this forever," I said to myself.

I put it down and helped myself up to go and change, after that I went back to bed.

I got woken up by Shinobu.

"Wake up, it's time to eat," she said smiling, I sat up and rub my eyes.

"I'll put your food here," she said as she put a tray of food in my bedside table as always.

"Thank you," I said.

"I see you have the mask by your side," she said looking at the mask that was beside me, the mask giyuu brought.

"Miss him already?" Shinobu asked.

"Stop teasing me," I said, she giggled.

"Why aren't you and Tomioka-san aren't together yet?" she asked.

"Well...I don't know?" I said not knowing what to say.

"That boy needs to act fast," Shinobu said.

"Why?" I asked.

"So you two could be together," she said.

"i- Shinobu!" I said blushing.

"Hehe, I and the others will celebrate if you two started dating," she said smiling.

"Now eat," she said.

"Thank you for the food," I said and she just smiled.