Chapter 39

Y/n's pov

We were casually walking around as we look at each people.

"Giyuu...we should go a less crowded area," I said as I got pushed by people, he nodded.

"Hold onto me, so you won't get lost," he said I nodded quietly and hold onto his yukata's sleeve.

We continued passing through the people, why are there so many people?

Finally, we got to a less crowded place, I'm already tired from walking around since it's hard to find a less crowded place.

I tried catching my breath but I choked as I smelled the smell of demon, I started coughing.

"Are you okay?!" giyuu asked as he patted my back.

"Demons..." I said as I pull out my sword from my yukata.

"What? Are you okay?" giyuu asked I fixed my posture.

"Get ready, I smell the demon, it's nearby," I said his eyes widen, he opened his mouth to question but closed it back up, he just sighed, he pulled out his sword.

Even I don't like to smell the demon's smell I have to do it, this is how we can locate this demon.

I stiff the air, I feel like I want to vomit.

I started running following the smell, giyuu followed behind me.

In the end, we were taken into a place with a lot of trees.

I and giyuu stopped in a center that is cleared up.

Both of us looked around looking for the demon.

"Watch out!" giyuu called me as he pulled me from my waist backward, the demon was trying to attack me from above.

"Thanks," I told to giyuu as we faced the demon.

"Didn't think you'd find me soon" The demon laughed, it was a girl.

"Looks like the battle is about to begin," I said as I pull the mask in the side of my head to my face.

"Why are you putting it? it would be hard to see" giyuu said.

"I cannot stand the smell, it would be pretty hard fighting to hold my breath in," I said.

"So that's how you find me, hehe, impressive human, you might have a potential, I don't do this often but, would you like to be a demon?" she asked.

"Thanks for the compliment, demon, but, sorry my answer is still no," I said smiling but of course no one sees it.

"This isn't my first time getting offered to be a demon, to be honest with you" I laughed.

"You're wasting your talent," she said.

"no, I'm not, just shut up and let's fight," I said.

"Hehe, you look brave, let's see if you can cut my head off, let's see who can each other's head first," she said laughing as she made a sword with her blood demon art.

"I like the idea, let's fight," I said.

"Y/n you're crazy," giyuu said.

"Crazy is my surname," I said jokingly.