Chapter 48

Y/n's pov

I opened my eyes and a white ceiling greeted me.

It was bright, so I guess it's day time.

I looked over to the side and saw a familiar person who is wearing a mismatch haori, he was facing the window.

"Giyuu?" I called out weakly, once he heard me he froze and looked behind him.

His eyes widen as he rushed over to me and sat next to the chair next to the bed I was laying on.

He grabs my hand and pulls it close to him.

"I'm glad you're awake," he said smiling.

"How long I was asleep?" I asked.

"2 months and 2 weeks" he answered.

"Huh? I was asleep for that long? How about the battle? What happened?" I asked worriedly, he gave me a warm smile before answering me.

"You guys won," he said smiling.

"Where are the others?" I asked again, he gave me another warm smiled as he heard the worry in my voice.

"They are safe, zenitsu woke up 7 days after the fight, inosuke woke up 1 week away from tanjiro and tanjiro woke up last week" he answered gently.

"Where's uzui-san?" I asked.

"I don't know....after you all win he just walked away with his wives" he answered.

"Sorry for asking too much giyuu," I said apologizing, he holds onto my hand tighter.

"It's okay, I know you're just worried about everyone who fought, sadly I and obanai-san didn't make it on time," he said.

"Huh? Make it on time?" I asked confused.

"Well...Shinobu ran to mitsuri's estate the day we all supposed to have lunch, she told us the situation, so we all hurriedly ran around to look for you all, your crow didn't even know where you were. The day you all in countered the demon your crow saw you fighting along with tanjiro, you crow made it back and told the situation, so I rushed over to the red light district, obanai san was worried for uzui who he came along, but the fight was already over when we got there" he explained everything.

"I'm sorry..." He apologized suddenly.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"Well...if I could have run faster then I'm sure I would make it on time to protect you, you were so hurt after that fight, you even have multiple kunai stuck to your body, and you had a broken back again, kocho also said that your legs were also broken" he said, I smiled at him.

"It's not your fault," I said smiling at him.

"But still! If I could've had ran faster I would make it to you on time!" He said.

"Don't blame yourself for my mistake of not leaving without telling where I'm going, at least you made it to the red light district" I said smiling, he then gave me a warm smile.

"I'm just scared to lose you, I'm too scared to lose someone again who is so important to me," he said smiling at me, I went speechless, but I gave him a warm smile.

"Don't worry you won't lose me" I smiled at him.

"We can't say that for sure, our job is dangerous," he said.

"But I right here giving you my word that you won't lose me, and that's a promise," I said smiling.

"Do you really promise?" He asked.

"I promise" I smiled at him, he gave me one last smile before he went silent.

"Oh yeah! I forgot kocho told me when you wake up I have to call her, I'll be back" he said, before standing up, I can't help but giggled, he forgot what Shinobu told him.

He ran out of the room to call Shinobu, soon enough Shinobu and giyuu walk into the room.

"Ara! You are indeed awake!" Shinobu said smiling as she went to me.

"Do feel any pain?" She asked.

"No.." I said giving her a warm smile.

"Tomioka-Sama, kagaya-sama is calling for you," one of the kakushi said.

"I'll leave for now," giyuu said I nodded, he then walked out of the room.

"I think he's called for your tsuguko's missions," Shinobu said as she turned to me.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well...while you were asleep this past 2 months kagaya-sama asked giyuu to guide your successors while you are still asleep, your successor's missions are decided by Tomioka" she explained.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah..zenitsu is already taking missions so does inosuke" she smiled at me.

"How about tanjiro? Where is he?" I asked.

"Well...the sword maker that is making his sword got angry that he chipped his sword, so he went to the village to talk to him" Shinobu explained.

"Haha...I wish tanjiro the best" I said.

"Well...your body doesn't hurt anymore so I'll go now, I'll tell aoi to bring your medicine here" she smiled.

"Thanks, Shinobu" I smiled.

"You're very welcome" she smiled before turning around and she walks out of the room.