Chapter 22 Scars

Naina's POV

I was in the closet dressing up for our reception.

We are having it here in our home. After so much convincing...mom agreed for this event but in our home itself.

Only our families and few business allies are invited. Dad doesn't want any risk calling media or making it a large scale attractive thing.

Even mom cancelled my stylist for my security. I don't do any makeup...but surely this dress is a nuisance.

My zip is stuck!

C'mon...it's not moving from my low waist leaving my back bare.
Although this mid thigh off shoulder black dress perfectly fits me.

Shit! If anyone see my back, what would they think of me?

All these scars...those red lash marks.

Even my stitches are faintly visible.

What if Karan doesn't like it? Would he leave me?

I remember the day I got those stitches, no one was with me, I was alone at the hospital...not even my mother bothered to come.

I was barely 15... flashes covered my eyes in hot tears.

Doctor was plucking small pieces of sharp glass shards, because he threw a flower vase on my back violently and he was drunk and out of his senses.

Even doctor was horrified to see my condition. That wound starting from my mid back to my low back, accompanied by small red lash marks beside it.

But that wound was major, and no one took care of me. Even after getting 8 stitches, no asked about my well being, not even mother.

Where would she get time for anything if she cries everyday?

But, if Karan also leaves me after seeing them, what would I do?

I saw my reflection in the front mirror, I saw a broken self .

One who hits her husband almost everyday, is helpless now.

I was wiping my eyes , but what I saw next in the mirror gave me a shock.

Karan was standing behind me in dismay but I saw anxiety in his eyes .

Maybe he'll leave me too.

Karanveer's POV

I was ready in my black tux ,yup I am tuning with Naina.

I am so eager to see her in that dress, mom said she'll look beautiful in it.

Well honestly, she looks elegant in any dress or outfit.

I know it's a risk to still go in reception, but if it eliminates the threat once and for all, I am willing to take that risk.

If anything happens to me, it's fine. But I can't compromise with Naina and my parents.

I have doubt on one person, but I can't blame them without any proof.
I don't know how many people are in contact with him, maybe someone from inside is with them.

I need to find all of them, but right now I can't trust anyone unless my family.

Naina is taking too much time to come out, should I go in?

Maybe she is undressed, but I really want to see her .

Fine I am going inside, I don't care if she in her clothes or not!

She'll slap me, well I am use to it!

I went inside the closet, but I saw her bare back...full red of scares, god what happened to her? I saw a major scar traveling on her lower back full of stitches, red and bruised.