Chapter 40 Showdown

Karanveer's POV

I never thought that one day will come like this when I've to fulfill my ambition by not being selfish, but with love and my selfless family beside me.

Three years ago I came back from London just to claim the CEO position by doing whatever it takes...but then I met Naina, who taught me what it takes to love someone.

And now with everything clear, this madness needs to end. My family can't be sacrificed in their massacre anymore.

Right now...me, Naina, dad, mom and mother, we all are here in the board room waiting for the other members and Gagan uncle and Nakul to come, so that we could end this once and for all.

Deepak is at home as he is almost near in retrieving Naina's footage when she was attacked by Nakul.

Shreya is looking after my son with Deeya.

But I saw Naina beside the window looking nervous. She was rubbing her hands constantly.

"Hey are you okay?" I grabbed her to make her stop but she was still sacred.

"Karan...is my Veer fine. He is protected right?"

What is up with her? Of course he is protected. No one could harm him.

"Yeah...he is okay and fine. You know he's with Shreya so why are you so insecure about him?"

"You've no idea what Nakul did with me that night...what he wanted to do with our son. What if he harms him?"

Well I never asked her what happened that night, but Nakul could never reach my son.

"Don't worry, he can't even touch my Veer's hair. I promise Naina."

I kissed her knuckles and settled on our respective chairs when Nic announced that all members are here.

Nic...son of a bitch, he is the one who fired my house and hit me with truck. He is the only person who was constantly working with Nakul and backstabbing me all this time.

As everyone entered the room all were shocked watching Naina and mother. Even Gagan uncle was panicking seeing mom.

Now let the show begin.

Naina's POV

Everyone was watching me in horror...well I'm use to it now, but I guess Anika aunty was experiencing the same.

The room was filled with whispers but dad stood up and drank his glass of water before starting.

"Gentlemen... I'll make it short. As you see Naina is alive and so is my first wife...so me and my son demand our shares back."

"But how's it possible Abhiman? We've already announced our successor."

One elder member stated, making Nakul smirk towards me and Karan. I held his hand so that he couldn't do anything wrong.

"Yes we did, but that was different... Karan didn't complete the rules then, but now he has. He is married, has a kid and he's going to be thirty next  month. Which proves that still the race is on for the worthy CEO. And besides he has majority of shares already."

Everyone went more confused but Gagan uncle lowered his eyes as if accepting his defeat. Nakul clenched his fist tightly to control his anger.

What is happening with them? How come they are not doing anything or saying something?

"To reduce your confusion... Naina is Vikram's daughter. Which makes her the largest shareholder."

Everyone gasped watching me and Nakul started to grind his teeth.