II. TWO

❛ In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity

In so far as the mind sees
things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity.

    I rushed home after parting ways with F/N

  I rushed home after parting ways with F/N. I hopped on the nearest buss and passed the store where the lady strongly advised me not to purchase the game. When I got home I threw off my sweater and handbag. I kicked off my boots and leaped onto my bed.

"Oh, I almost forgot my laptop!" I mentally slapped myself as I reached over the bed and pulled up the rectangular object. I cracked open the case and took out the circular disk.

'Here goes nothing.' The game slowly loaded up. I bursted with excitement. The game loaded up with the haunted green building. My fingers quickly moved over to 'New game.'

'Welcome back.'

'Welcome back..?' I guess this is a used disk...But it shouldn't be able to log in when you last used it. I shrugged and clicked on the tab.

'Revive, Quit or Start new game?'

....

"What the fuck.." I mumbled to myself. Why is this game giving me so much options? This didn't happen to the you tubers I've watched play...

My curser hovered over, 'New Game'. The game went blank before giving me the opening. The video started to glitch, pausing and playing, music leaving one area of my earbuds and running back in.

It crashed on me.

"...now I see why she told me not to buy it.." I bit my lips at my stubbornness. Closing the tab and taking out the disk, I cleaned it. Sliding the  disk back into its compartment, my laptop snapped close. "Second chance, here we go."

Welcome back.

Revive, Quit or start a new game?

"Please work this time.." The video loaded up correctly this time, I grinned. 'Maybe I should close my door, I don't walking anyone coming in on me.'

I swung my legs over the bed and stretched. I slowly walked to the door, when I successfully closes the door, a voice interrupted me.

"Hey!" I screamed and crashed into my door. "Heyyyyy! Are you listing to me?!"

"W-where are you?!" I asked. I walked slowly over to my laptop and sat in front of it. On the screen was the one and only, Monokuma.

The bear looked just as surprised as me, "A female?"

"Monokuma?"

"Correct!"

"KYAA! You can hear me?!" I screamed and jumped backwards. The black and white bear raised its little paws and grouched at me.

"Of course I can hear you, Y/N!" He moved his paws from the air and onto his mouth. "I guess the original player quit, maybe it can be your turn..."

"M-my turn for what..."

"Are you ready to feel dispare?"

I looked at the stuffed bear. My eyebrows were raised, "What do you mean?"

"Are you ready to meet your favorite characters and feel dispare with them?" What kind of auto record is this...

"Whatever prank this is, I don't enjoy it! Cut it out right now."

"This isn't a prank."

"That's it, I'm taking out the disk." When I moved my hand to close out the tab and take out the disk, my room lit up and sparks were coming out my laptop. I screamed.

"I wouldn't advise that if I were you..." I held my hand close to my chest. 'What.The.Actual.Fawk.' "That old lady did a pretty good job in keeping me hostage, it's been almost four years since the last person."

I let out a scared laugh, "T-this has to be fake!"

"Let's make this more, mmmm appropriate?" He grinned at me before my entire world went dark.

I opened my eyes to a bright, wide screen. My legs didn't touch the ground at all, if their even was a ground. I held up my hands to block out the blinding lights. I slowly floated to twist myself around. Nothing for miles was to be seen.

'S-so this isn't a prank...'

"What do you want from me?" I confidently asked.

"I told you already. Despair." He used one of his 'hot breathe' sprites. "Im granting you a wish, you're able to meet your favorite danganronpa characters! You can give me dispare in return! Doesn't that sound amazing!"

"No."

"Geez, you teenagers these days are so troubling! I'll explain the rules to you." He grinned at me. "Here in the game you get five life's, if you use up all your life's you die in the game and are never able to go back again."

"—Die?!" I Interrupted him. 'This never happened in the game..'

"Let me finish! You will have options to save, fight or defend yourself. You'll have to think quickly otherwise you'll miss the option completely. Don't think that you'll options don't have consequences. Finally, remember to have fun, phuhuhu~"

"W-wait!"

"Enjoy your time, L/N F/N!"

Start Game.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰