III. THREE

❛ I'm not stupid

I'm not stupid.
I'm just too lazy to show
how smart I am

 I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am ❜

Nothing. I could see nothing. Little to no light, no sound, no form, no voice. Where am I..?

I extended one hand of mine and felt cold metal. I softly placed both my hands on the door and pushed it. I tried to push it open but it seamed like it was blocked by someone.

'Am I locked inside...?' I pushed harder and finally the door opened, only to hit someone in the progress. We both stumbled onto each other.

"Oh geez! I'm so sorry!" I rubbed my head as the voice apologized. A pale hand extended itself in front of me, I looked up to be met with dark pink eyes... "I didnt mean to stand in front of your locker!"

"K-Kaede?!" I asked. What the fuck, she looks so....human?! She stood bent in her blue school uniform over with a hand extended out to me, her face twisted with curiosity.

"How do you know my name?"

'Shit, I've been here for about five seconds and I've already broken the games complex...think of a lie! Quick!'

"Oh..I-is that your name? I heard you mumble it when I was in the locker.." I fumbled with my fingers before I took her hand. 'Warm..' So she is actually human and I can touch her...

"Oh, I'm sorry! Wait, where are we? What is this place." She turns to me.

"Ah..I don't know exactly."

"Maybe this is a dream! We should punch ourselves."

"I don't thi—OW!" I rubbed my arm from where Kaede quickly attacked. 'How stupid can this girl be?!'

"Ggh! I'm sorry!" She apologized. She offered to pinch herself but I held her arm and shook my head no. "Umm...okay, hold on a second! Let's just stay calm and think this through!"

'Kaede, you're the only one freaking out..' She closer her eyes with her finger in the air, this must be when she try's and remember how she ended up here....did I come out too early? Should I have waited?

BAM!

"KYAA!" We screamed and latched onto each other. I hugged the taller girl as she hugged my neck.

The locker started to sway and shake, making all kinds of noises.

'Oh, it's just Shuichi.'

I internally giggled as I imagined Shuichi fighting the locker. The locker door slowly opened and the blue hair male fell out of the locker with a grunt.

"..Ah! Aaugh!!" He yelled and scooted up onto his botox. He extended his arms out to protect himself after standing up, "Wh-Who are you?! Are you with those other guys?!"

He demanded questions from us. Kaede slowly let go of me and caught her breathe, "What other guys?"

"The people who kidnapped me!"

"Kidnapped?"

"Wh-Where am I..? What are you going to do to me!?"

Kaede slowly walked towards the taller male him and held onto his shoulders. "Hey! Hold on! What's your name?"

"Ah, Im.." he tipped his hat down. "Shuichi Saihara."

"I'm Kaede Akamatsu."

They both looked at me expecting me to speak up. 'I forgot, I'm actually playing the game, not watching it like a video.'

"I'm (L/N) (F/N), nice to meet cha'."

Kaede grinned at me before turning back to Shuichi. "Now, listen to me, Shuichi. Shut up! You're not the only one who's confused right now!"

I coughed, I forgot she said that. "K-Kaede!"

"Ah, sorry!" He apologized.

She explained to us how she was kidnapped by two men who shoved her in a car. "And when I woke up, I was inside that locker..."

If I don't speak up now, I'll be casted aside like some paper. "Same with me.....We're we kidnapped by the same people?"

They pondered why they were kidnapped, talking about how they were just ordinary kids. Should I tell them how they willingly decided to sign up for the killing game themselves?

Nah, you shouldn't change up too many things about the original game...

"Anyway, let's just stay calm and think you guys...I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier shuichi."

"No, no! It's okay." The blue hair man accepted her apology. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Anyway, this place is...weird. You don't think we got caught up in something bad, do you?"

I reassured him. "I doubt it, Shuichi."

Kaede got a hopefully look on her face, "Hey, let's just get out of here as fast as we can and find some help!"

We both agreed with the blond. She gripped onto the wooden handle and pulled it open. Standing outside when I closed the door was an exilic.

"Hell yeah! Found you!" It screamed.

"KYAAA! A MONSTER!" I screamed. Go big or go home with the acting.

"A-a monster?" Shuichi asked. The robot laughed.

Kaede spoke up. "T-this is bad! We need to get out of here!"

The monokub screamed for us to wait but we were already turned around. We were running when time slowed down and a option appeared over our heads.

'This must be what monokuma told me about...' The words read 'go forwards' or 'go downstairs'

There was a white bar slowly depleting. I pressed my hand over 'go downstairs.'  The option soon erupted into flames as I lead the duo down the long steps.

"Y-Y/N, there's another one!" Shuichi cried.

Another option showed up, 'Go upstairs' or 'Go Left.' The bar moved much faster, I panicked.

     I pressed the option 'Go Upstairs.' The option disintegrated into two and fell onto the ground.

"Let's go back upstairs!" I called out. I pushed through the two of them before I heard a cry.

"Y/N! Wait!"

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰