XXXII. THIRTY-TWO

"pleasure and pain are irrelevant as long as you have a purpose and take action for that sake"

as long as you have a purpose
and take action for that sake"

"pleasure and pain are irrelevant as long as you have a purpose and take action for that sake"

The monotubs whisked up into the air again, disappearing. They left no trace behind, like they weren't here at all..

"T-Transfer student..? R-Resurrecting the dead?" kiibo started to sweat through his robot suit.

"It just can't happen!" Kaito cried.

"What a bunch of nonsense..." Ryoma shook his head and took another breath of his candy cigar.

"Disbelief due to a lack of scientific merit..it's simply the hubris of a scientific society." Korekiyo started. "This ritual.... Or rather, the resurrection ceremony stems from the funeral ceremonies the world over. See? They are similar, yes? The act of sending the dead to the next world is a sort of ritual. Though rumors and legends, that ritual twisted into a way to return the dead to this world."

"Since you keep rambling about it, i'm guessing you really believe all that stuff, huh, kiyo?" Kokichi grinned.

Korekiyo looked to the shorter male, "Hehehe.... What are you saying? There is no way the dead can be resurrected."

"...What?" Shuichi questioned.

"Without a doubt, the souls of the dead exist, but they cannot be brought back to life.." Korekiyo put a hand on his heart. "Without a doubt, the souls of the dead exist, but they cannot be brought back to life...Dead flesh cannot be restored, just as broken glass cannot be mended.."

"So you believe in souls, but you don't believe those souls can be resurrected?"

Tsumugi asked Kokichi, "That's confusing, but I know if we ask, this conversation will go on forever..."

"I-If not even Kiyo believes it, then.... There's no such thing as resurrecting the dead." Kaito rubbed his chin.

"And if this idealistic degenerate can't believe it, no rasonable girl would believe it, either!" Tenko shouted.

The room fell silent before Angie started to hum, she walked up behind me and put her head on my chin. Our eyes met as she extended our arms out, swinging them softly. "Hmmm, you think so? I dont think it'll be strange for the dead to come to life."

The group looked around, just about everyone had it with Angie before Kiibo spoke up. "Let's hear what Angie has to say."

"Yes, Angie is free to speak!" Tenko agreed.

"With Y/n's help, it's bound to be easy! Nyahahaha!" Angie laughed. She let go of my hands and started walking backwards. "Can i say it? Yaaaaay! Okay, i'm going to say it! Cuz... thats what Atua desires."

Shuichi turned to the girl. She was awfully happy, Rantaro looked at me with the most intense eyes and I was afraid to turn away. "So... you believe you can... revive the dead, Angie?"

"Umm.. I don't think the resurrection ritual can really bring the dead back to life." She confessed.

"Huh?! You just said you believed in it?" I asked her.

"You see, Y/N. It's probably more like... returning the dead back to us."

'That's like... the same thing.'

"....What do you mean?" Maki questioned.

"Y'know how the bodies of the victims have been cleaned up?" Angie leaned in close. "So clean, it's like there was never a dead body to begin with? So maybe..."

The white haired female trailed off causing shuichi to choke on his words. He argued with her; "No, that's not possible! We inspected all of the bodies ourselves--"

"But, it might've been a very accurate imitation!"

"An imitation?"

"Monokuma and the Exiles are evidence of ridiculous scientific advancements.." Kiibo confirmed. "So it may be possible for them to create extremely convincing imitations."

"If that's what Angie says,... Then I started to agree" Kirumi hummed. I almost fainted right there and then. Kirumi started to rub her chin, thinking.

"I've always supported Angie..." Himiko stated.

The blond cheered, "Yayyy! Thank you, everyone!"

"What? No, wait a minute! I saw them with my own eyes--" Shuichi cried.

"Hey, you don't want them to be alive, Shuichi? You don't want the deed to be alive?"

"I-I do! I do want that! I wish that they were still alive... Even now i think that." He cried. "But no matter how much we want that...." I put a hand on his shoulder and leaned him back to me, where I could whisper into his ear.

"It might be best to leave her to her imagination.."

"B..but— whatever. You might be right..."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰