XLV. FOURTY-FIVE

"If you want us to believe you, you'll need to give us some proof

you'll need to give us some proof."

     A body discovery announcement

A body discovery announcement.. My heart shattered when the announcement went off, before waiting for the rest of the males, I rushed ahead and back over the tiny bridge. Almost managing to fall in, thanks to Rantaro, we looked around the area. It took awhile before we saw shuichi's dark blue hair in the distance, outside one of the wooden creaky buildings. Spotting us from the distance, he turned around and let us see the corps on the ground.

"This is.." I choked on my saliva... On the ground was korekiyo shinguji. His body burnt, red and suspended over a small fire.... The room was smothered, it looked as if the entire room were on fire...

"Gruesome..." Ryoma no longer had a candy cigar in his mouth.

Snow was scattered on the ground, 'They must've used this in order to put out the fire...'

"Kork... he was weird, b-but!" Kokichi raised his hands up to protect himself. "Who would do something like that?!"

Shuichi reagusted his uniform before speaking up, "I hate to say this but... We have to investigate.."

"Wait, where's Kaito?" Maki asked, her face lingered with concern.

"Wait, you're right. He's the only one here not here."

Miu cut off kirumi, "What a fucking pussy!"

"Miu!"

"Let's log off.. Miu, bring us back to the room." Maki demanded the blond to bring everyone back to the room without any of us saying anything. We rushed ahead to the lobby, Maki almost burning down the door in the process.

"Maki wait--" Shuichi called out to her when we all gathered, she picked up the phone and instantly disintegrated into thin air. "There she goes.."

"This is a pain...We have to log out one by one.." Himiko winned. She grabbed onto her hat as Ryoma jumped the phone next. Slowly by slowly everyone leaves the room.

Rantaro looked at me with a little smile, "Ladies first.."

"Chivalry is dead." I gave him a little wave before logging out. My body felt pixelated and my vizion faded to black before brightly coming back, I ripped off the headset, right in front of my eyes were korekiyo. His eyes popped out of his sockets.

Rantaro woke up next to me, taking off his headset he winced. "That's... giving me nightmares."

"Did anyone find Kaito?" I asked to put the headset on the little space between my butt and the couch.

"Yeah, Maki is giving him an earful." Kokichi snickered. "Wouldn't want to be him."

"That means everyone else is here... We should head back into the game to investigate" I mumbled.

"Not necessarily, half of us can be in the virtual world and the other half can stay here, then we switch?" Shuichi hummed. "So that we don't take a lot of time logging in and out of the game."

"Good idea." Kirumi agreed, we ended up splitting up. I decided to stay here since the vr game gave me a headache. 'This is a weird turn of events...' Who knew the one who tried to kill someone, ended up being murdered.. We ended up working till monokuma called us over to the trial grounds. Rushing and exchanging information, we jumped onto the rusty elevator as it slowly descended. The air thickened the lower we went. The happy atmosphere was crushed instantly with every 'Clunk'.

Someone was watching me. Peering into my soul.

I looked over at Shuichi, him catching my glance, he gave a nervous smile. "Let's do our best.."

"Yeah.."

The doors opened and instantly fear hit me.. Standing in my usual spot

No retries, one chance, long resets... Lets get this right the first time.

Let's bring this killer to justice.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰