|[61]|

Levi refilled his own cup with new tea from the teapot that stood in the middle of the table, he took the liberty to fill yours with coffee as well and you could only shoot him a thankful look as response.

Arlo warily looked at the female in front of him. Hanji had sat down and ignored your words entirely as she shot question after question at your form.

"Can't I just write a report to Erwin and you read that or something." You groaned out as Hanji continued.

Arlo's curiosity was also piqued however, "then start at the beginning, and leave no details out." A notebook seemingly appeared in his hands, he probably got it out of a pocket in his labcoat, but you couldn't bring yourself to care.

Luca seemed to realize what was going on after having seen the eccentric woman, and your reaction to her. Although he truly was curious about what happened, and wanted to listen along as well.

Hanji was already distracted though, "you must be a person of science too!" She turned to Arlo, making you sigh in pain, "tell me what do you think about the wonderfully interesting creatures that are titans?!"

"Wait, you're the person researching them? That's insane, after this you must tell me everything!" Arlo continued, and you were more than ready to slip away at that moment.

You hadn't forgotten however how Levi had a limp when you walked through the halls. If they were gonna chase you, and you were relatively sure they would, then you couldn't abandon Levi.

"Okay so then keep that for when we're done here. Just let Y/n explain what happened in peace." Luca sighed. Once more you were reminded how he was the perfect type to become commander back in your time. His deep but powerful voice could easily be carried throughout rooms and overpower others.

They indeed quieted down, both with a notebook and pencil in their hand to start writing.

You started to explain from the very beginning. It felt like ages ago since then after everything that had happened in between.

"I split off from the others to take care of the abnormal on the left flank so we could outrun the abnormal on our right," now that you thought about it, that abnormal was hardly abnormal in comparison to titan shifters, "after having dealt with that we moved left, and aimed for the forest. It was the most efficient for me to head straight there and meet up with everyone in there."

Levi nodded along, carefully listening to your story. He recalled how you had indeed cleared the way and told them you would meet up with them in the forest.

You traced the wood of the table with your fingertips, lost in thought as you spoke, "when I entered the forest, connection seemed lost, so I tried to find the main path so I could search from there. I... I guess I couldn't find it, it was something like that," you shook your head before continuing, "But I saw a figure flying through the trees, wearing our uniform. I thought it was back up. Although I remember questioning why the person was alone, not that it mattered cause I believed that if I'd follow them I'd be lead back to you."

You could see that any of the crazy behaviour from Hanji earlier had disappeared, she was incredibly serious. Her face stern as she watched you, beside Arlo you could see the worry in Luca's eyes as you spoke. You didn't meet Levi's gaze.

"When she looked back, I can only assume to see who was following her, I saw her face. It was the woman from the underground." Hanjis eyebrows furrowed as she looked at you, a soft "what?" Coming out of her mouth as Levi's gaze hardened.

When you met his eyes you could see the disbelief, "but you killed her there." He spoke, certain that he had seen the body in the underground.

"Levi do you remember how I told you she had injected herself with something back then? That liquid had something to do with it. When she transformed vials with that liquid seemed to stick out of her skin." You could practically see the puzzle pieces fall together for Levi.