|[48]|

A devilish smile etched itself on your face as you thought about it. Hunting. Oh you'd hunt her alright. You'd drag her down to hell personally if you had to. There was no way she'd get away with what she had gotten you into unpunished, she'd pay with her life.

----
"We have to go now." The blonde turned around as she grabbed the handles of the gear that hung from her waist. Her bright blue eyes showing no mercy or emotion at all.

"You know I can't do that." The female said and didn't move. Her brown hair framing her face as she looked at her so called companion.

The other turned back to her and rolled her eyes, "you know you can't do that. You already abandoned our plans earlier and if you do it again they won't take you back." She concluded as she pushed some of her blonde locks out of her face and behind her ear.

"I don't need them if I finish her here and now." The brown haired female said stubbornly as she grabbed the handles of her gear, she was still exhausted from before but wasn't about to let that stop her.

The blonde sighed, "you need the others, if I didn't come to save you before she would've killed you easily. You can't take her so deal with it or your sister will have to carry out your duties."

She halted, an internal battle, give up her sister or take you down right here and now. What feeling was stronger?

Unless...

Unless if she managed to pull off both.

"If you stay you die here in this forest." The blonde continued as she started walking away.

"With how you're trying to get me to come back with you I'm considering that you like me."

"Don't get hope."

"Sure, and what if I return after finishing her off? Then you don't need a substitute and I get my way." She bargained as Annie stopped walking and turned back to her, "you know that's not how they work. It's either her or your sister. It's your decision."

The brunette scoffed in annoyance as she sighed, "give me two weeks and I'll return to you."

"Three days."

"One week." She glared the short female down, and she nodded after thinking for a short while, "you have one week and by then you need to be back at the base. If you're not they will inject her at the end of the seventh day."

"Deal."

She cracked her neck as she turned around deeper into the forest. She'd have to make this work, she'd have to find you in time and hunt you down within 7 days and return back to base.

She tried to convince herself she had dealt with harder missions before but the unsettling feeling in her chest disagreed with her.

Behind her she could her the footsteps from her so called companion. Officially they were companions but she wouldn't trust her for anything, if was only beneficial for her to have saved her earlier.

"Ugh, 'Jieun this, Jieun that', can't they do anything themselves?" She mumbled annoyedly in her mother language, knowing that even if the female behind her could hear her, she wouldn't be able to understand what she said.

Oh how annoyed she was at her current situation. How long had she spend in this horrible time? Maybe a year or three? Or was it four?

She longed back to the times where her opinion meant something, when people listened to her words and wouldn't dare to go against her. Good old times they were, but they were old.

That didn't happen anymore, she had transformed from the queen of the chessboard to a mere pawn.

Everything she worked for, everything she achieved, it didn't matter anymore. Only true companions from her time listened to her, and even the newer soldiers were starting to grow stubborn. Her legacy in her home land was fading.