|[41]|

Luca started working out, he had been everyday, wanting to keep being in shape in case he needed it.

-------

You entered the forest from the side, by now having received the confirmation they would pass through. "Lillian, Demian, I want you two to go to Erwin, Akame and Jax will stay by Levi's squad until I'm back."

You decided to split them up. You had seen the black smoke following your formation like a curse, you knew that Lillian would probably be more useful as a tactician by Erwin's side right now. The position she was trained for.

You remembered the paperwork where you had helped Levi with a couple of days before, it was about supplies you would take with you on this mission. Beside the usual stuff there was some sort of capture machine on the list and explosives, if Erwin planned to blow anything up it would be better to have Demian by his side.

Although you weren't the first, you too had realized this abnormal titan was aiming for the middle of the ranks, at least it seemed that way as it followed you.

This was the best you could do for now to protect your team to some extend, in case things were to go wrong.

It was darker in the forest, and somehow the thick wall of leaves and wood disturbed your signal. You had tried to contact the others as you entered the forest, although it has been unsuccessful.

You had let them know you would check the cliff on your way to them, which may result in a bit of a slow down for you. From then on the radio went silent.

You didn't have a idea where the cliff was exactly from this point of the forest, so you wondered along to find something you could recognize.

You groaned in annoyance, every tree seemed identical to the others, leaving you with exactly zero points of recognition. By now you had also lost your sense of direction that led to the route you knew the others would be on.

The only sound coming from your earpiece was static, so you decided to turn it off until you got out of the damn forest.

The scouts ran around the forest, so you were practically blind to anything that came into the forest, although it's not like you could see any flares in between these trees anyway.

The ground was shaking, it wasn't quite like an earthquake, it had a certain rythm to it. You concluded it must be some sort of titan, judging on your past experience with them.

Where titans are, are soldiers, and you knew only Erwin, Hanji's and Mike's and Levi's squad were supposed to pass through. So if there are titans running through the forest it's either to Levi or Erwin, the only other option would be that they would lead you to the cliff where a unfortunate soul from the future will be surprised and eaten.

You decided it would be in your best interest to follow the source of the miniature earthquakes.

Steering your horse to what you thought the source of the sound was, you took off full speed, you couldn't be sure you travelled in the right direction but right now it was the best you had.

The loud sound of the hooves of your horse pounding into the dirt had become so familiar your brain started to automatically tune it out.

A familiar zipping sound reached your ears. It was soft but definitely prominent enough to know you weren't imagining it. No one was supposed to be in this remote part of the forest, that is unless this is reinforcement that has been called in? No that can't be it, it was the sound of one set of gear, reinforcement always came in at least two people.

You trusted your horse to guide you through the trees safely as you scanned the area surrounding you, suspicious of whoever was out here alone.

After not too long the sound became louder, they were approaching you.