|[60]|

It was Levi who awoke first, slowly opening his eyes in the still dark room. With the curtains closed he couldn't determine how late in the day it was, not that he cared. The warmth beside him confirmed that what had happened in the last 24 hours hadn't been a dream.

Your hair tickled the underside of his face, now that he looked at you, he realized this was probably the first time he had seen you without your hair up in some sort of way. He hadn't realized last night with everything going on, but he was satisfied.

You turned in his hold, and for a second he was afraid he had woken you, but the way your eyes stayed closed and your breathing was calm and rhythmic told him otherwise.

He was glad to see you relax, he had no idea of what you had been through outside of the walls but he knew it couldn't have been easy.

His hand brushed the hair out of your face, his eyes carefully looking if he disturbed your sleep.

It was a sweet moment, his hand cupping your cheek as he kissed your forehead, the affectionate gesture making you blink as you opened your eyes.

You stretched your arms above your head as you unwrapped them from around Levi's form. A groan escaped your throat as you stretched your muscles, rubbing your eyes in the process as you sat up.

Levi sat up beside you, his eyes following your movement.

Your sight was somewhat hazy as you rubbed your eyes, a hand weaving through you hair as you brushed it out of your face once more.

"Good morning." You groaned, your voice deeper than usual as it rasped.

Your muscles were still sore, although you were positive they felt better now than before. Yet when you stretched your arms you could feel the muscles in your back protest against your movement. Besides that you could feel the blood crust that had started to form over the large cut on your back pull at the side of the wound in attempt to stay together.

Levi returned your greeting, his voice also raspy and deep as he moved to the side of the bed.

Your sleep had been deep and dreamless, the heavy feeling that spread through your body seemed closer to awaking from a coma than from regular sleep.

Automatically your hand moved to your bedside table, picking up a hair tie as you gathered up your hair.

Levi watched you put your hair up, the question that hung silently in the air answered as you spoke, "the one I had with me snapped in that damned forest. Honestly couldn't have been a worse timing."

Levi just raised a silent eyebrow in response but kept it at that, you moved to the side of the bed and slipped your feet in your sneakers. You treasured the nice feeling from them as you wearily looked at the uniform boots that had been neatly placed against the wall, most likely be Levi.

Although there wasn't anything physically wrong with them, after wearing them continuously for over a week, you were more than done with them for now.

"I could kill for a good cup of coffee right now." You breathed, muttering under your breath as you walked towards the door. Levis hand stopped you as he grabbed your upper arm, his eyes stern as he watched you, "Shitty glasses' twin is going to murder me if he sees I let you leave this room."

You chuckled, "oh he knows me too well. Besides, I thought you were here because you cared for me, not to babysit me." Your good shoulder leant against the wall as you looked Levi in his eyes. He sat how you carefully kept your back and shoulder untouched from the walls surface.

His eyes softened as he looked at you, "you should rest."

"You think i trust you to make me an actual good cup of coffee?" You scoffed, smirking at the male in front of you as he stepped closer to you. His gentle touch ghosting your skin as he cupped your cheeks with his hands and tilted your head upwards.