|[45]|

Like that they got back, leaving the injured ones on the wagons. Akame had sat down on one beside Jax, and immediately after she sat down her exhaustion overtook her being. Her sleep was dreamless as she laid beside Jax.

------

You smiled as you flew away from the mechanical looking titan, making it chase you as you sped up. You lead it away from where you knew the other soldier's were and the main route. Away from where Luca had been.

Blaming yourself for not killing her the first time you had the chance you decided this would be a burden you'd deal with immediatly. Even if you could manage to contact the others you wouldn't risk it. You wouldn't risk them. Who knows what they were dealing with anyway? You had heard those footsteps, the screech and all of that, they had their hands full already.

You'd just deal with this as quick as you could and return to them straight after. A solid and easy plan. It barely left any room for things to go wrong.

You were surprised to see you childhood friend before you, in this time. You were glad however, knowing he had escaped his death. Did this mean Arlo was here too? You could only assume he was, knowing he wouldn't let this chance pass him by.

You slowed down, immediately the titan moved it's hand to punch you, and you dropped down, hooking your gear on it's arm. It knew what you were doing and whipped with it's arm through the air, pulling you from your trajectory and swinging you through the air.

You became unbalanced and decided this was far enough from the others for them to be unbothered. It grabbed the cables of your gear and moved to swing you full force against a tree.

Acting on pure instinct you retracted some of the cable, and when it released you to swing against the tree you instead missed it and fired yourself straight at back at the titan. You managed to make it to it's back, using one hand to guide you through the air you used the other to grab inside the satchel that still hung on your belt.

Smiling you pulled a grenade from it, the weight familiar in your hand as you pulled the pin loose with your teeth. You spat it out and simultaneously threw it on the metal spine, blowing up some wires and doing serious damage on the metal. The skin surrounding it healed, but the metal didn't.

One of the containers of blue liquid popped, it seemed to scorch it's skin as the titan howled at the feeling.

It had been partially experimental, a way for you to figure out the quickest way to deal damage, but the way it spasmed as wires were blown up made a satisfied feeling spread throughout your chest. While it was temporarily stunned you hooked your blades in its flesh, firing to it's nape to test out your next hypothesis.

The metal on it's nape was red from the heat of the titans body. The heat made it soft, and the gentle glow it spread into the darkness under the trees became your point of concentration as you fired closer, expecting to cut right through the buttery metal.

Your blades stopped as soon as they cut through the first layer of metal, and broke when you pulled on them harder. You had to jump away when a giant hand was about to squish you underneath it as it covered it's nape. You equipped a new set of blades, leaving only one more set left, and planted your left blade in its flesh as to break you fall down.

Using your weight and gravity to cut through the tough flesh you travelled downwards. You tried to cut through more wires as you fell, but none managed to reach your blade.

By now you were panting, a thin layer of sweat coating your skin. Thoughts raced through your mind, target it's eyes? Blinding it? Would your blades even do any damage to the metal or would they break? Cut off limbs until it can't regenerate? It would take awhile. Then again what would you do once you were finished? Would you be even capable to find your way back to the others, no if that was the case Levi would find you.