|[53]|

As she squeezed the cube in her hand a bright flash of light engulfed her, making her close her eyes.

------------

After what felt like an entire minute she hit the ground, the air being forced out of her lungs as she felt the ground underneath her fingertips. When she opened her eyes she was met with a beautiful forest of tall trees.

It had worked. She would be free.

She laid there for maybe an hour, until she was broken off from her rest by the voices of approaching humans. Zipping noises accompanied the voices, although she could barely get herself to care.

After a few more second two figures stood over her, a female and a male, wearing what seemed like belts all over their bodies as they looked at her. The emblem on her chest left little to argue, "so they finally realized where we ended up huh?" The female spoke, offering her hand to Jieun to pull herself off the ground.

The male wiped the dirt off her back as she stood, and they told her they had been sent from the front in the first experiment with the mystery transport cube.

They had managed to get a deal with an organization from the underground, and had started to build a network through their world.

She knew of the walls, although this was new information, the outer wall had broken years prior, and allowed the titans to claim this land. Which is why they had weekly patrols to check if anyone arrived in attempt to pick them up before the titans did.

She walked with them to the entrance of the forest where their two horses stood tied to a sturdy bush branch to prevent them from escaping.

The two were pretty kind and led her back to the safe walls, and to one of their buildings. They set her up in a room close to theirs, and made sure she had a place to return to.

The first night the female had come in, telling her she'd need to meet their higher ups the next day, and the other troops.

"By the way, I never caught your name." The female said, sitting on the chair beside the small desk as Jieun sat on the bed.

"Jieun Lee-" the females eyes widened before she could finish her sentence, "the Jieun Lee? As in daughter of the commander?"

She nodded in response, leaning against the wall and the female started to piece the situation together.

"You know, I was gonna tell you that your language lessons would start tomorrow, but I assume this means you won't need them?"

"I'd say so." Jieun answered, smiling somewhat calmly as the other started to gush about the stories she'd heard about her back at the front.

When it started to grow late the female bid her farewell, saying someone would pick her up tomorrow morning to lead her to the higher ups.

She slept surprisingly well that night, a new sense of freedom dominating her as she closed her eyes that night.

Right as she finished getting dressed someone knocked on her door, and she quickly slid on the holsters and sheaths with knives in their respective places before opening the door. She followed the male that had picked her up as they walked throughout the building and even the streets. After maybe fifteen minutes they arrived at a building where the male swiftly called someone over to bring you to your destination in the building.

She was led to a door, which in turn led to a large and spacious room, where a couple of men resided who immediately sized her up as she walked inside.

The emblem on her blouse left out any question that she was indeed from the future, "what's your name, flower?" The man that stood in the middle said, obviously not impressed by her looks.