44. Homecoming

Home is memories of happiness and struggles.

"Sorry, what?" Abhedya questioned Swarnima. He didn't quite understand what she meant.

Swarnima rolled her eyes and her gesture amazed Abhedya. Did his wife roll her eyes?

"Arrange an SUV or a comfortable sedan till the nearest airport. I am not travelling to Swarnbhoomi by road and definitely not in this jeep." Swarnima ordered Abhedya who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Did the enemy drug her? She was ordering and being fussy. Were those pregnancy hormones?

The thought of her pregnancy brought Abhedya out of his analysis and he suggested, "Sona, aren't you hungry? It will take time for a car to reach. I will drive slow, I promise. We need to have something to eat. Let's go."
Abhedya had a stupid goofy smile on his face. He sat on the driver's seat and said, "I got this jeep because when I was stuck in a rave party, you came in this jeep to rescue me. So, I chose this jeep to rescue you." Abhedya took Swarnima's palm in his hand.

"WOW! You are comparing that silly party with this? No wonder you took so long to reach." Swarnima taunted him and retrieved her hand from his.

"NO! SONA. I reached in eighteen hours with a single stop." Abhedya enlightened Swarnima.

"You surely are hungry. Your thinking capacities have ceased." Swarnima scoffed and turned to the other side.

Abhedya didn't answer back because yes he was hungry but Swarnima's comment on his ceasing thinking capacity didn't quite get in his head. He kept driving slowly and carefully. He had hurt his head in the encounter but he ignored the pain. Soon, Swarnima and Abhedya reached the closest government guest house. Arya came to them and hugged Swarnima.

"God! I missed you NIM. You scared us to death." Arya kissed her forehead.

"Is that your ghost hugging the life out of me?" Swarnima commented and came out of the hug.

Arya looked at Swarnima in amusement at her comment but just said, "Come I have arranged food. I am sure you are hungry." Arya took her hand and escorted her to the dining table.

Swarnima sat quietly and stared at the food. Abhedya sanitised his hands and put food on her plate. With love-filled eyes, Abhedya forwarded a bite and Swarnima ate it. A tear at the corner of the eye of Abhedya fell. He was feeding his wife for the first time after she was expecting his unborn. The joy was immense and he felt euphoric. Abhedya kept feeding her and she kept eating. It was rare. Swarnima did not feed him back or ask him to have food or smile or give any expression. She was just eating. Abhedya could bet she even knew what was being fed to her.

"I am done. Thank you!" Swarnima finally spoke when her meal was done. "What about the ladies, Arya? Will the police clear charges against them? If not, I can give a statement that they were not involved in anything."

"Everything is sorted Nim, don't worry. Just take a rest. We will travel tomorrow morning." Arya put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Ask Digant to come soon. I will leave after Deeksha's last rights are performed." Swarnima declared and got up from the table. "Do I have a room?"

"Of course. Come I will take you." Abhedya took her hand in his.

"It's okay just tell me where it is. Get yourself bandaged first." Swarnima was behaving strange and distant and it was killing Abhedya. But, he respected her choice and gave her the keys to a room that was just ten steps ahead.

"Abhey, come. That wound seriously needs to be treated." Arya took out his first aid kit. He gave him a few stitches, a tetanus injection and some medicines. "Abhey, understand her state brother, she has just returned from a tortuous and painful exile. Give her time. We all know she cannot be annoyed with you. Let her calm down."