26. Gamble of love

She was a black and white photo with no filters.
She was the water of the Ganges, pure and venerable.
She was the handwritten letter, sedulous and filled with warmth.
She was death, the only truth
She was the definition of love.

The girl who lived her life with a pseudo-identity for thirteen years, in an exile like condition, followed barbaric rules, restrictions and mandates just because it would mean the love of her life 'Abhedya Rajvanshi' will be safe and happy had put her love to test in front of an examiner who knew nothing about the subject. It was bound to make her mad. Her hysterical laughter just indicated that.

Abhedya tried to hide his tears and control Swarnima. He took her in his arms and hugged her tight. Swarnima stopped laughing instantly. She came out of his arms as if his touch burned her.

"Kristina you sure are an amazing writer. You played your part well. The storyline is amazing. Two people in love, they separate after cliched differences, they sulk for a while then reconcile as friends and live happily ever after, after realising 'love' does not really exist.
Reality check: books are the fantasy world we wish were true. So, change your storyline.
Two people in love, get married but fight over non-existent issues. They miss each other and mend their relation. Their love grows manifold and bonds stronger than before. They give a new definition to 'love' and live happily ever after." If Swarnima's laughter was outlandish her words were unimaginable. The duo could never think she would react this way.

Kristina was sure her plan would work and will be the final blow to the fairy-tale love story. She exposed Abhedya with proof. But, Swarnima was a girl who created her fairy tale. She wrote its chapters and will decide its end. Her end was certain 'Aby and Sona forever and for always'.
Chapters were in the work in progress stage. Some were aesthetically written and some were unedited. This chapter was in the proofreading stage and required absolute and complete attention. The errors were to be identified and deleted. Appropriate words and sequences were to be decided.

The ferocious Queen of Swarnbhoomi will not let anyone decide her future anymore. Especially when her future was now linked with her solo reason to live, king of Swarnbhoomi, Abhedya.

"Wish to explain yourself Nim? I think you have just lost your senses seeing the betrayal of your husband." Kristina was baffled by Swarnima's reaction.

"Krissy, enough of your drama now! Just leave my room and my state. I was a fool to trust you to test my bond. You are a homewrecker." Abhedya shouted in rage.

"Shhh! Aby! Don't shout. Kristina, pardon his shouting. These days he is working late hours and has a lot of pressure with state affairs too. Let's not burden him more with this guilt. He just fell prey to... your, let's say, 'games'. The poor boy could not judge which games should be played and which should be dodged.
So, here's the thing... if my husband is liking the game he is playing with you since... whenever doesn't matter, he will continue to play this game. Till, he wins, which he will. Just like today.
So, if you don't mind please be our guest for a few more days and organise some more and tougher 'test your bond challenges'. From here on, I will be an active participant in the game too. Now, if you excuse me, I am already late for my exercises. Come, Kristina, I'll drop you off at your room." Swarnima spoke like a calm sea after the storm.

"Queen Swarnima, you sure are way beyond any writer's imagination. I take the challenge to prove myself right because my 'dear friend' just accused me of being a homewrecker. I don't want to break your bond, I swear. I just wish to save you from heartbreak. It hurts bad when two deeply in love people have to part ways. I studied about you two. You both are poles apart and not just that, your upbringing is so different. So, dear Queen and King, I will try my best to change your perspective and prevent sore hearts." Kristina accepted the challenge and sounded confident about her plan.