21. Clashing hearts

Do you know where broken hearts go?
They go back to the same person to heal their wounds.

Kristina left an air filled with tension.
Finally, Arya broke the silence, "Abhey, I think her motives are roguish. The way she talks she is clearly hinting that she is 'someone special' in your life."

"Maybe she is." Abhedya's expression was acrid. "Arya she may not have implanted doubts but your analysis will surely implant doubts in my wife's mind."

"Doubts about you? Seriously Aby? Can anyone do that? Arya is just pointing out his observations. I feel that too. There was no need to mention she was your 'ex'. The moment you introduced her I recalled the name of the girl who came as an exchange student in your school and you dated her." Swarnima sided with Arya.

"She is I guess... just nervous and that's because of the unfriendly welcome she got. I suggest you all should make her feel at home and behave a little friendly with my guest." Abhedya was tapping his foot continuously while asking them to behave.

"Abhey? What's wrong with you? She came unannounced, kissed you, tried to be extra close to you and you are accusing us of being unfriendly? Why should anyone of us be friends with her? She looks very cunning and wicked to me. I am warning you to stay away from her." Arya banged his hand and left from there.

"You also have to say something now? Can't a friend of mine walk into my home?" Abhedya questions in a rude and loud voice.

Swarnima closed her eyes tight at his tone. "Aby I... was just..."
Abhedya left from there without letting Swarnima complete her sentence.

"I love you?" Abhedya said the moment he entered Kristina's room.

"I know darling. I love you too." Kristina hugged him tightly.

Abhedya pushed her a little away and with raging eyes questioned her, "Why did you say that? That too, in front of everybody. You know how difficult it was for me to convince them that you are just a "friend" and let you stay here. What was the need to say that you are my 'ex'? Krissy in future just behaves normally."

"Abhey? That's what I am here for, remember?
To prove to you that love is non-existent.
That your love story will only end in pain.
Two people cannot stay in love for more than a year. They then become just habitual of each other's existence around them.
That your 'girl' is just a normal girl, actually no, is she different. She is guileful.
Who behaves like that even after the act I put up there? Any normal girl would get jealous and raise her objection to someone like me staying at their home. She 'convinced' everyone to let me stay." Kristina stopped saying further when Abhedya shouted...

"JUST SHUT UP! A word against Sona and you are dead. Krissy our discussion will not involve you saying anything bad about her." Abhedya warned her with fuming eyes. "Sona is the most understanding girl on the planet earth. You can't digest the fact that she is not what your theories suggest. Accept your defeat! already."

"Abhey, you cannot shout at me like that. I was just doing my job. The job you gave me free hand to. Now, if those are my findings you have to accept that, honey. You have to listen that your Sona, is not how you think she is. She is not gullible, submissive and naive. If at all, she is cynical, obstinate and polished. She very well knows how to handle such situations. Still, I will prove it to you. You just have to trust me." Kristina spoke with confidence and determination.

Abhedya chuckled and challenged, "As much as my heart and mind are asking me to refuse to accept your challenge, I will. Do you know why? Because I know my Sona, my love. It will be fun to see you lose and admit that Sona is the girl who is meant to be loved every moment. That our love is the 'forever and for always' kind of love. Run all the tests you want Krissy. Good luck."