14. Sassy Snow-White

True love is when you are happy spending time together even if one is asleep.

Abhedya loved watching Swarnima sleep beside him. It was his dream and aim in life to marry Swarnima...the girl with magical eyes. His mother used Swarnima as her tool to tame naughty Abhedya. One warning that she will tell Swarnima how her Aby troubles his mother, Abhedya would start behaving. Such happy and precious days were those. He smiled reminiscing their childhood and watched Swarnima who was snoring a little. She was tired. He rubbed her back only to realise it wasn't a great idea coz until now, he was drugged with her kisses but now her entire body was a temptation he couldn't resist. He loved every inch of her. So, exercising all his willpower he quietly slipped away from the bed and stood in the little balcony of their room. Watching the waves come to the shore and go back to the water.

While Swarnima was sleeping and Abhedya was watching the ocean, some emails were exchanged.

'I hope your bags are packed. Can't wait to prove you wrong and win my prize. See you soon.'

Almost immediately a reply was sent... 'oh! I am more than ready. To see you and prove you wrong. The 'Aby-Sona' drama is just a phase you shall know soon. Till then let them enjoy sex coz lovemaking does not exist.'

The  reply sent was  'wait till you see.'

"What are you doing?" Swarnima wrapped her arms and startled Abhedya.

He immediately got up and said, "You scared me, Sona. Why did you wake up? Get some more sleep." Abhedya kissed her hair and hugged her.

"I think I can't sleep alone anymore." Swarnima smiled in his chest and kissed his heart.

"Are you suggesting that we should..." Abhedya was thrilled with the idea.

"Yes. I am suggesting that we should sleep. Tomorrow the domestic help will come for cleaning and reorganising the villa which we have littered, so we will be busy helping them." Swarnima pulled him towards the bed.

Wrapping in the comfort of arms and tangling their legs one over the other they smiled to sleep. The following day the domestic help came and Abhedya and Swarnima helped them decorate the villa like it was.
No corner was left which they didn't mark theirs. Each place of the villa narrated a story of Abhedya and Swarnima's love.
By evening when everything was done as before they thanked the helpers and came to the kitchen to fill their empty stomachs. A peaceful diner by the beach on a silent night. That night Abhedya and Swarnima didn't make love they just stared into each other's eyes. No words were exchanged via mouth but their eyes, smiles and expressions were questioned and answered.

Finally, at dawn Abhedya's eyes were heavy and he drifted to sleep. Tears gathered in Swarnima's eyes.
"You taught me that to cry was okay. That crying is not a sign of weakness. Look what you have done to me. I cry even when I am happy. You are my happiness, Aby. Just don't push me away, ever. I am trying to be a part of the world you belong. It's tough, it is. I known I am unfit in your world but I know I am a perfect fit for you. I won't give up on us.
I know how much you deny but you miss your old life. Being a king brings with it, its perks and restrictions. Huh! When have you done what's told to you? That is the best part about you. You are a rule-maker and not a rule acceptor. You evaluate the good and bad based on the situation and not the basis of the hypothesis.
I know you love me Aby but I am scared to face the world you live in. I regret not going out with you on your friends' outings to know more about that 'world'. I am sure our love will surpass any problem that occurs because of this.
Your love brought me back from the ashes Aby. I will make each day, each moment  worth a memory.' Swarnima kissed Abhedya's forehead after her silent confession and finally slept staring at her reason to live.