39. Sudden Appearance

The news of the showdown between Abhedya and Maan spread like jungle fire and as expected the royals confronted Abhedya.

"If Nim is your protector, Maan has sworn to protect Nim. He has not slept well since Nim has left. He keeps debating whether to trust what is happening or to trust what cannot be seen. Abhey, we can find Nim. We have a plan. Or at least... at least we can ask her if she is fine and needs more time or what if, she is in danger Abhey. Give it a thought." Tara was deeply saddened by the entire scenario.

"Tara, the girl who has left without any prior notice or explanation or thought about the ones that love her, will be fine. You all read the e-mail sent to her by Kristina which said she was doing good and is away by will. Then those monthly letters she sends as charity to us prove the same. I know one thing, if she is safe, she is happy. If she is not, then...then she is capable of keeping herself safe. I am not wasting my time searching for her. I trust her, you should too.
Tara, I want Maan to be with you at this time, if you both promise to quit finding her, Maan will be back." Abhedya took a deep breath after explaining himself.

"I don't even know what's happening. Everything is scattered. I hope Nim returns soon. Meanwhile, Abhey, release Maan with immediate effects. Nim wouldn't have liked it." Rudra ordered Abhedya who replied, "My order is irrevocable until Maan agrees to obey."

"This is unacceptable!" Randeep left in anger followed by everyone.

"Raja sa, pardon me but..."Digant wanted to say further but was silenced with Abhedya's hand.

Abhedya reached the company office where his father banned his entry saying, "I am the owner of this property and I don't want people like you trespassing on my land. Please leave, Raja sa."

Abhedya gave his father a smug smile and left.

"Raja sa, what are you thinking?" This time it was Survang who questioned.

"Survang, you are the head of my security behave like one. I am not answerable to you." Abhedya answered curtly stopping any further round of question-answers.

Abhedya finished his official work of King's office in an hour and came back to his room. He couldn't wait to open and fill the book further. The animosity he was facing with his loved ones was too much to handle.

A picture of Abhedya twirling Swarnima on the night she won the singing competition against Adah was stuck next.

'Your love has made me insaneI feel the warmth of your touch even after you have leftYou are my happiness and my peace when I am sadYou are the reason I am mad'

I feel the warmth of your touch even after you have left
You are my happiness and my peace when I am sad
You are the reason I am mad'

Abhedya still didn't know the real identity of Swarnima. She looked mesmerising that day and the song she said was dedicated to "my first thought every morning". Abhedya could exactly recall the amount of jealousy he felt for the man who owned Swarnima's thoughts only to discover months later that it was him. The competition night he could not stop himself from pulling Swarnima on stage with him and twirling her round and round.
When they accidentally stopped at the 'kisseltoe' in Mystic Grill and the crowd shouted 'kiss' 'kiss' 'kiss' Abhedya could swear he wanted to kiss her till her legs become jelly but the 'chicken' standing in front of him was sweating and he knew some kisses were special and only meant to be witnessed between the two.
The memory of her lips centimetre away from him made him touch lips.
"Sona," Abhedya whispered.