7. Colours of love

A spectrum of colours and all of the hues,
Are all a part of love that mix and infuse!

Abhedya returned to his party with an altogether different vibe. He was more charged. He was grooving to the music and the dancing like there was no tomorrow. Dance sure is an expression of emotions. In Abhedya's case, it was his happiness of getting married to the one he loved. 

The night came to an end at dawn and the partying crowd was scattered all over. The ones who were a little sober were given rooms in the guest wing of the palace. The ones who were wasted were left where they passed out. Breakfast was arranged in the morning for those who could get up and hangover remover pills and drinks were added to the menu.

Abhedya and Arya were holding their heads and regretted drinking so much. They were warned to get ready in an hour but they couldn't even walk.
"Arya could you not stop me from drinking so much. Uhh! My head is spinning." Abhedya held the door tightly to avoid falling.

"I was frustrated, man! I am not your babysitter. Where's that Maan? He was supposed to take care of us." Arya was in an even worse state. Being a doctor it was not easy for him to indulge in drinking and partying so he made the best use of the time whenever he got.

"My dear brothers, I have some information. The entire family has left to the kuldevi temple for the invitation ceremony. If you don't mark your presence in an hour you will miss the chance of seeing your 'sweethearts' looking so so pretty in saree. So get up or regret." Nivedya motivated his brothers and it worked. Arya brought medicine with twice the effect and the boys gulped it down.

When the stopwatch stopped at 59:50 boys were climbing the temple steps at jet speed. They reached the temple and found their family minus Swarnima and Aadya. Abhedya and Arya bow down in front of the holy deity and scanned the temple for their 'sweethearts' but they weren't there.

"Mom, is Swarnima alright? I mean she is missing pooja? She never does." Abhedya patted himself for sounding so genuine.
"Yeah! Aadya is not here too. I mean..." Arya slapped himself for sounding like a fool. Abhedya felt an urge to hit his cousin.

"Why would they come? I mean Swarnima is engaged to you and now she will only come here after her marriage with you, her husband. Aadya could come but she is doing very special work." Nandini informed the boys.

A big 'O' formed on handsome faces of Abhedya and Arya. They turned to Nivedya who stood between his mother and bhui and complimented, "Sweethearts you look so so pretty in saree." He kissed their cheeks and winked at his brothers who were killing him with their eyes.

The day passed quickly and the bride and groom could not dodge the security to meet their 'requirements'. Maan was forced to sleep with Abhedya much to his dismay. He was habituated to sleeping with his wife in his arms.

Maan threw a pillow at Abhedya and chided, "Just because of you I have to sleep here, to guard you."

"You should be thanking me. Don't you get bored of sleeping with your wife every day? Don't you feel the need to change the routine? I am gifting you a change." Abhedya asked Maan a question that stumped him.

"Bored? Never. How can you be bored of listening to the rhythm of a heart that beats just for you? Each beat shouts your name making you feel how fortunate you are. I would never change that routine for anything. Not even in exchange for my life. Abhey, not everyone is lucky to marry their love, we are. Value it." Maan drank water and swiped his phone to see his screensaver which had the picture of his wife with his toddler. His world. "Goodnight Abhey."