33. Bickering

A war of different moods and a test of tolerance.
The King's room was like a weighing scale.

Swarnima's anger and irritation on one side and Abhedya's calm and confusion on the other.

"Sona, you are unnecessarily blowing things out of proportion. I didn't even mean what I said." Abhedya threw his coat on one side and loosened his tie.

"Blowing things out of proportion? On the day of the dinner with the council... that day also you objected to me eating those cookies. Do you know how much I like them? They are a reason for my happy mood." Swarnima munched the cookie and relaxed when the sweet delicacy spread in her mouth.
Abhedya was beyond amused. He could not say Swarnima was shaken by Adarsh's suicide, she had seen and faced worse. She was much stronger. Dropping the issue he headed to the bathroom for a quick shower.

A few minutes later two lips touched Abhedya's back and trembled him. "I am sorry. I shouted at you." Swarnima apologised for her behaviour.

Taking a deep breath Abhedya turned to face the girl who stepped into the shower to shiver and send sensations within him. Kissing her as an acceptance to her apology and soothing his raging emotions Abhedya unhooked her inner wears and his hands travelled the lengths of the silk standing in front of him. Swarnima distanced herself after a few minutes and walked out.

Stopping her Abhedya asked, "Sona, what's wrong?"

"Everything doesn't lead to this Aby. Having 'sex' is not the only solution to stress." Swarnima replied wearing her bathrobe.

"Sex? When did we have just sex? We make 'memories', don't we, Sona? Besides, you walked into the shower and you know I lose my control with you around." Abhedya sounded annoyed.

Swarnima didn't reply and walked out. Abhedya moved his hand in his damp hair in frustration. Swarnima was behaving strangely and blaming him for no reason. He moved fast and caught Swarnima's hand. She got imbalanced and was about fall when Abhedya saved her and took her in his embrace. Swarnima's face was all red.

"What's wrong with you Aby? I could have fallen and hurt myself." Swarnima looked scared and worried.

"I didn't do it on purpose. Besides even if you did fall, you wouldn't hurt yourself badly, so relax." Abhedya straightened her.

"So, you want me to fall badly? Just leave my hand Aby. You are behaving so weird today." Swarnima grabbed the first dress she found in her cupboard.

Abhedya tried hard to control his anger. He had no idea what was going on with Swarnima. She was fighting for no reason. What happened to his sweet and sensible wife? Taking a deep breath he hugged his wife from behind and in a voice filled with love he asked, "I am sorry Sona. Is there something that is bothering you?"

"You don't even know Aby? You always make fun of me. It might be a small thing for you but I don't like you commenting on my eating habits. When I followed the diet strictly then you had a problem that I don't enjoy eating, now when I am ditching the diet and enjoying eating what I like, you are complaining I keep on eating. You tell me should it not bother me?" Swarnima broke the hug exasperated in anger.

"Sona, I... you are not in your senses. I don't want to fight, let's just leave the topic." Abhedya changed his clothes and moved out in frustration. He was worried because of Swarnima. This was a one of a kind behaviour. Maybe, he should give her time to settle things going on in her mind.

Swarnima on the other hand was playing with her clothes. Putting them from one shelf to another. Disorganising her cupboard.
'ARGGHHHH!!!'
Swarnima let out a frustrated sigh and ordered a chamomile tea for herself.