12. King and his Queen

The unfamiliar feels familiar when you hold my hand.

Walking hand in hand as Man and Wife Abehdya and Swarnima reached the Janta hall of the palace where everyone rose from their seats in respect of the king and queen of Swarnbhoomi. The royals had different expressions on their faces.
Nandini, Rudra and Randeep were happy to see the couple smiling. Pri and Arya's hawk eyes spotted a dark pink mark on Swarnima's neck. Maan and Tara were happy to see the glow of ecstasy on their faces. Nivedya and Aadya had naughty glints in their eyes.

Abhedya and Swarnima sat on the throne. One by one eminent member of Swarnbhoomi came and gave them a present as their blessings. The gifts were overwhelming and given with love and respect. But what touched everyone's heart was the present from the farmer community. The representative of the farmers of the state gave them a bunch of raw wheat.

"Raja sa, rani sa, we farmers have a tradition to present the first yield to God

"Raja sa, rani sa, we farmers have a tradition to present the first yield to God. But, for us, you are our God. The reforms you have brought in the field of farming have helped the peasants and our families. Our kids now go to school and are learning new and advanced ways of farming. We ask God for helping us flourish, you have done just that. Therefore, from all the farmers I present to you, our first dhan. Please accept it and promise to always keep your kind hands on us." The representative put the first yield in Abhedya's hand and walked down.

The entire audience was clapping and singing praises for the king and queen who deserved the respect. The royal couple was emotional and didn't know how to react. So, Swarnima got down from the throne and kept the Dhan in front of family deity MA Bhawani's idol kept in the hall then took out the wheat from its covering and gave a bite in Abhedya's mouth. He had never tasted anything as sweet as the wheat that was in his mouth. Hard work and sweat bear the sweetest fruits.

Abhedya and Swarnima once again proved that age does not matter when it comes to governance. It's your own will to help society and honesty towards your job that matters.

As the last of the rituals concluded the family sprawled in the huge garden and were having brunch with Taran running around Swarnima singing "chubby cheeks, dimple chin, rosy lips" in his version bringing smiles on everyone's face.

"Raja sa, the arrangements are done. You leave in the evening." Digant gave a folder to Abhedya and left with a smile.

"So, we leave in the evening. I hope your packing is done, Sona?" Abhedya asked Swarnima. She just nodded her head shyly in response. Abhedya chuckled and whispered in her ear "you weren't that shy last night, baby." Swarnima's cheeks heated up with the mention of the rhythmic night.

"So, when in the evening do you leave Abhey?" Maan enquired.

"We leave at seven sharp and will reach Hongkong by midnight. We will take a night halt there. Next afternoon we shall leave Hongkong and by the next day morning, we will reach Bora Bora islands. The arrangements on our island Vila there, are done. Hopefully there shall be no changes. Because as soon as we reach here, these oldies leave for their trip." Abhedya explained his plan and teased the elders earning a glare from them.