100

☀︎

"You know, I might hire someone to carry me if I have to wear these heels around the palace all the fucking time," I joke with Xavier, the two of us walking down the flight of stairs to the ballroom. 

He smiles easily at me and throws his arm over my shoulders, pulling me to his side he kisses my temple, "If you're open to riding me, I could carry you."

His words are whispered and my gut tightens, I slap his arm on instinct, "Behave, maiale." (Pig).

"Impossibile," (Impossible) He smirks and opens the door to the ballroom. 

All evidence of there ever being emotions on our faces slip off instantly, Xavier and I hide behind the cover of ours and I raise an eyebrow at him before entering the room. He follows right behind me, placing his blazing hand on the small of my back. A simple gasp leaving my lips when his strong hand makes contact with the exposed skin of my back. 

He tries to hide a smirk, by dropping his gaze to the floor momentarily. The sight has me fighting off a smile, and I bite my lip in a desperate attempt of controlling myself. Our eyes meet and he shakes his head, the promise of a smile on his familiar lips has me intrigued. 

Both of us hide it once the first member approaches where we are, bowing his head respectfully at Xavier and then at me. 

"Romano, Martinelli," He speaks and I nod my head at him. 

Multiple members from different bases step up to us after that, nodding and greeting politely. Xavier deemed it necessary to entertain the mafia tonight, he wanted everyone here after everything that went down and the palace makes that possible. All of them are here and dressed to their finest. 

My emerald dress is hanging by the thin straps across my shoulders, the straps cross each other on my back and connect to the low cut on my lower back. The patterned sequin compliments the emerald color in my eyes. It hugs my curves and falls elegantly to the floor, along with the silver heels I'm wearing I feel quite elegant. My hair is curled and draped to one side, a dark nude lipstick coating my lips complimenting my tan skin.

Xavier's favorite feature is the side slit up my leg, he has, more times than I'd care to acknowledge, tried to grab my gun from me. To no avail. Not that I would ever let it out of sight, but I quite enjoy showcasing my thigh holster. Especially with the wicked stare of the man next to me. 

He is looking as delicious as ever, his black suit emphasizing the dark aura around him. His hair is messy and yet seems to be controlled. My eyes travel down his broad frame and catch sight of the rings on his strong hands, I've always adored how often he wears jewelry. 

It suits him. 

"Mr. Romano," A somewhat familiar voice speaks. 

My eyes meet the ones of a female, she left Marc's room in the mansion months ago, barely clothed. This was his girlfriend at the time, now ex-girlfriend, what is she doing here?

Xavier's hand jerks against my back, looking up at him he seems to be irritated. His dark eyes staring down at her with such disdain, "Why are you here, Arabella?"

Asking the questions all of us are wondering. 

"I came to see Marc," She admits, her brown eyes cutting to me momentarily. I'm slightly taller than her and I find myself liking that fact.  

I know Marc ended things with her because she had done something fucked up, but I'm not entirely sure what happened. It wasn't any of my business and I had other things to worry about at the time.